Chapter 27

Sasuke

Kiba takes Hinata away, but Naruto doesn't let up. He is staring intently. "Hn" I take my previous seat at the table. I can feel Sakura's eyes steady on me as I start to finish my food.

I feel Naruto sit across from me. He starts to eat. *BANG* Sakura slams down her chopsticks. "What the HELL is going on?" Neither Naruto or I look up from our plate.

"I'm going to go meet Guy sensei for training." the guy in all green with bangs announces before quickly leaving. The new guy, the fat guy, the bug guy, and the Nara mumble under their breath before leaving the table. Naruto, Sakura, and I sat in silence.

"Sasuke" Sakura pleaded. This is becoming annoying. "Naruto" Sakura whined again. "Tell me something," Naruto sighed. He was annoyed as well.

"Do you love her?" His voice was firm and projected. I know this question is aimed at me. I know I acted irrational just then but Hinata has never been drunk. She needed someone. I hated seeing her sloppy, slurring her words, and not in control. I wanted her to leave everyone's sight. I know she will be embarrassed if she remembers how she acted.

"Hn. What do you think?" I say staring at my rice balls and tomato soup.

"Love who?" Sakura blushes, clearly not following the conversation.

"Not you!" I am shocked by Naruto's words. He is usually very accommodating to Sakura's feelings.

"You're annoying." I add. I see her face turn sour. I smirk as Naruto does not pay any attention to her pouting face. His eyes are steady on mine waiting for an answer.

"Do you love her?" I ask his question back to him. I know the true answer.

"Of course." he answers with confidence.

"Or do you just love that she loves you and always has. From day one she adored you, and you paid no attention to her even though you were aware of Hinata's feelings. Instead you pursued the women who never showed interest in you. She actually loved me and still does." I smirk. "Isn't that right, Sakura?" She looks up, confused.

"You're wrong!" Naruto pushes out between his teeth.

"I have my own theory on why you all of a sudden love Hina and want to fight for her love." I smirk while eating my last rice ball.

He squints his eyes waiting for me to continue. "What are you talking about, Teme?"

"I believe when you were searching for Hina, you found a clue that we were together. Maybe someone had seen us, Kiba caught both of our scent, or Shino bugs recognized both our chakra. Then two possible scenarios came to your head. I was forcing her to be with me and using her powers, or she was with me willingly and maybe, even, romantically. You couldn't fathom the thought, so you invested your feelings more and became more determined to find her. You would either be a hero again, or lose another girl to me. I know you don't like losing Naruto, especially twice." I sip my beer. "This is more about you and I than you and Hinata." Naruto looked stunned, confirming what I just said.

"Hinata was with you when she was kidnapped from the Leaf?" I smile in response to her question. "Your lying! Hinata loves Naruto. Even more than she loves herself." I hated hearing Sakura say such things. I wanted to rip her tongue from her throat.

"Not anymore." I spat too quickly.

"Tell him Naruto!" Sakura pleaded. She desperately wanted to be wrong. She didn't want confirmation that neither Naruto or I thought of her.

"Shut up! Both of you!" Naruto grunted before slamming his fist into the table, breaking it in half. Still impulsive. Sakura and I stood immediately to not be hit by the flying food. Naruto left the restaurant quickly. I pick up his leaf headband that fell on the floor. I stand staring at it as I picture Naruto in our Academy days. He is my best friend whether I've admitted it or not. He saved me and my sanity more times than I could count. If I believed he truly loved Hinata, I would peacefully leave the village. Naruto is the most honorable man I know and he will make a great husband to any woman he chooses, but not my girl. His eyes linger on pink hair at every glance. His mouth tilts upward every time she speaks to him. He asks her question after question just to hear her voice. He loves Sakura, but he does not want to lose Hinata. I won't allow him to have her. Those pale lavender eyes are mine.

*Sigh* I start to head toward the exit upon hearing Sakura breathe. "Sasuke" she speaks softly behind me.

"Hn" I quicken my pace to gain space between us.

"You didn't answer Naruto's question." I guess she does not get the hint. I keep moving forward quickly, ignoring her statement. Within the second, her chakra is behind me. She grabbed my arm and spun me to face her. Emerald eyes met mine. She was quick and her grip was strong. Her brows furrowed as she stared at me. I waited for her to speak. "Do you love her?"

"Yes" Her brows raise and her eyes become wide. She loosened her grip on my arm. I turned around with my back now facing her. "Everything will be okay." With that, I left her to ponder on her thoughts. I make my way to run an important errand. I asked Hinata a huge question at my mother's grave. When she is sober, I might get an answer. Therefore, I have to be prepared.

I approach the Hyuga Estate. "Uchiha- san"

"Good afternoon," I respond.

"Hinata- sama is not home right now." He says looking behind me to keep watch. "Would you like for me to leave a message?" I pause at his statement. Why would he think I was here for Hina? I doubt she told him about us. Last night, he must have heard us. Hyuga's have the largest mansion in the village, yet Hinata does make a lot of noise. He is assigned to keep watch of Hinata. Those eyes can see through walls. He was just doing his job. I smirk at the thought of him watching Hinata and I in ecstasy. I wonder if he reports everything to Hiashi or another member of his council. It would be oddly satisfying if every Hyuga knew of our actions last night.

"I am here to Hiashi- sama" Ko looks to me surprised.

"Very well." he says, leaving his post to escort me to the Estate. I look around in awe, I would expect the Uchiha Estate to be similar but bigger. With Uchiha crests on every home and building. Uchiha crest on everyone's back wearing it proudly as they go on with their daily activities.

We arrive at two big brown doors. Ko knocks and patiently waits. A dark haired woman opens the door. "Wait here" Ko speaks to me as he steps in the room. "Uchiha Sasuke is here to see you." Ko announces.

"Uchiha" I hear in the distance. I see Ko nod his head. "Send him in'' Ko looks at me and gestures to come in. What would Hinata do? I send up a quick prayer before regaining my composure and walking into the room.

The room was huge. High ceilings, big windows, and dark hardwood floors. Hiashi sat beyond a big desk at the other end of the room. I walk up to the Great Head of the Hyuga clan and take a seat in front of the desk. I think I am supposed to bow or something, but I am not sure. "Good afternoon Hiashi- sama."

"Uchiha, what do I owe the pleasure?" He says with a smile. I am taken back at his words.

"I have come to ask for Hinata's hand in marriage."