Chapter 16

Hinata

It has been two months since that night and I could not be happier. We haven't had sex since, because the morning after Izumi kept teasing that even Konoha heard us. But we do sleep in eachothers arms every night. It is my favorite part of the day.

Sasuke always holds me close then tells me about his life, thoughts, likes, fears or asks about mine. I've learned even more about him. His childhood was so sweet before the massacre, but that was the pivotal point in his life. He became consumed with rage and revenge. It controlled him until he knew the truth. He would take revenge on Konoha but he claims it isn't worth it, he just can never go back.

I also learned his birthday is in two weeks. Me and Izumi have been planning a little something since I found out. He hasn't celebrated his birthday in eleven years. Now that he has a sister and nephew, who better to spend it with?

I am especially excited because I get to tell him the big news. I wasn't very accepting of it at first but Izumi confirmed it almost immediately and has been helping me with the symptoms. I have come to terms with all the questions in my head: Am I too young? Am I ready for this responsibility? How will Sasuke take the news? Will he want it? What would father think? What would Neji think? What will everyone think? Does this tie me to Sasuke forever? Will he want to be tied to me forever?

Izumi has helped me keep my head straight these few weeks. Sasuke noticed a change and began asking questions, but Izumi told him I had a stomach bug. Now that I have mastered the morning sickness, cramps, and nausea, he doesn't suspect a thing. I have the urge to tell him everyday cause I hate lying to him, but I know the wait will be worth it.

We have made it a habit to train together. We have tried to make advancements with the Ōtsutsuki, but it's like they are forbidden to be known. They are a mystery. We have not made any significant progress. Sasuke says all we can do is be prepared.

Sasuke wakes up really early, so I had to adjust to his schedule to train mornings with him. He never goes easy on me. Which I love. He is not gentle with me, he knows I cannot be broken. But sometimes he goes a little too hard.

*Flashback*

"Feel that" his breath on my neck as he stands close behind me pressing two fingers under my left ribs. I nod in response. "Good. That is where you need to aim your kicks on your opponent." he says walking in front of me. "Give it your best shot."

"On you?" he nods. "What if I hurt you?"

"Worried about me?" he smirks,tilting his head. I furrow my brows and landed a hard kick right below his ribs. He fell to his side grunting. I smirk but immediately realize what I did and run to his side.

"Are you okay." I say about to lift his shirt to see any bruise I could have caused. I stop once I hear his laugh. It doesn't happen often. He always laughs at things that are not actually funny. "What?" I ask trying not to laugh with him.

"You're so worrisome. Get back into your stance." he stands to his feet. "The enemy won't be distracted by your cute innocence." I gasp at his kind yet unkind words. "Again" he orders. I threw another kick his way. He swiftly blocks, grabbing me by the ankle and flinging me into the nearest tree.

*End Flashback*

I don't think he was aware of his own strength. He flung me so hard I was embedded in the tree trunk. I could tell by the way he rushed to me and his eyebrows drooped that he didn't mean it. That was the day I had so many splinters in my back, one could call me Groot. We spent all night taking them out. Sasuke even bathed me afterward, because I could barely move.