Chapter 7

Naruto

*Sigh* I walk in my room from another day with no new information.

Hinata has been gone for almost a week. I have been driving myself crazy asking about what happened. It seems no one knows anything about the enemy. The only one who got to see and combat with the enemy was Neji.

Granny Tsunade is gathering a team for the rescue mission. I demanded to be on it. I have to go. She is my long-time friend and my new girlfriend. Although no one knows. It feels wrong to announce it while she is gone, but people have to know in order for Sakura to become jealous. I need to stop thinking about her but it's something about those emerald eyes get me going.

I flop on the bed. I'm fucking useless. I can't protect no one. Not my parents. Not Sasuke and now Hinata. I should have been there for her. If she can't count on her boyfriend, then who is supposed to be her hero?

Fuck Hinata where are you? I miss you. I miss the sense of someone watching me and knowing it's you. Evaluating me under your calm, protective eyes. I miss how you giggle at everything I say and shy away when I am too forward with you. 

I grab my hair frustratedly and roll off my bed. I wearily walk to my bathroom and strip of all my clothes. I turn the shower on steaming hot as I watch the room slowly fog up. Stepping into the shower, I slowly let the water penetrate my skin. I slouch and close my eyes to converse my situation with the demon inside me.

...

I walk out my apartment with a new attitude. After stress eating my fourth bowl of instant ramen, I realized I have no need to worry because I will find Hinata. That is my highest priority right now. On my previous search for answers I promised Hanabi I would bring her sister back. I won't go back on my word, that is my ninja way.

I make my way to the Hokage Tower. If Granny does not gather a rescue team in the next 24 hours, I will go save Hinata myself. It hurts too much to go another day without trying.

"Naruto! Just the man I was looking for." Kiba draped his arm across my shoulders.

"Hey Kiba. I'm kinda in a rush to get somewhere. Wassup?" His bright smile and jolly demeanor changed drastically. His smile turned downward into straight pierced ips. He crawls his arm off my shoulders.

"Do you want to get Hinata back?"

I stare him deep in the eyes trying to see what he is getting at. What the fuck kinda question is that?

"More than anything!" I respond squinting even more at the dog lover.

"Good. Hokage Tsunade is taking too long and Hiashi-sama is more worried about Neji than Hinata. Everyday we don't do anything is another day Hinata suffers wondering where we are." I could tell this was weighing heavy on his conscious. I could see tears threatening to spill from his eyes. "Shino and I are planning to go, tonight, to look for Hinata." My face hardens as he talks about searching for Hinata. "Care to join?"

"We meet at the gate. 10pm." I say without a second thought. Granny is going to be pissed. But once we bring back Hinata, all will be forgiven.

I walk back to my apartment trying not to think of the worst case scenario. I grab a bag and start to pack only my necessities. I don't expect this mission to take long. With kiba's sense of smell, Shino's bugs, and my whit we will find Hinata in no time.

...

"Please tell me you are not going to get Ichiraku at this time of night." I know that voice anywhere. I turn around and see the most beautiful girl in Konoha staring at me.

Fuck I'm almost to the gate and it's already 10. She can't know what we are doing.

She has one hand on her hip as the other falls at her side. What am I supposed to say? She is too close to Granny Tsunade to know the truth.

She shifts her weight waiting for an answer.

"Ha Ha, Sakura-chan you know me so well." I put on my biggest convincing smile. She begins to study me, squinting those emerald eyes.

"What's in the bag?" I smile even bigger causing my sight to disappear and my gums to show. I slowly maneuver my bag behind my back and out of her field of vision. "Naruto what are you hiding?" She lunges toward me trying to grab my bag. Damn she's fast. Sometimes I forget how much she improved before the war. But I'm faster. She lunges at me again. I know shes not gonna let up unless I tell her something.

"Sakura I can't tell you. I'm sorry. Just go home. Okay? Please."

"Fine" she begins walking back in the opposite direction. I stare at her flat backside. That was easy. Way too easy. What's wrong with her? I shake my head. No time for that.  I'm late. I take off toward the gate.

"Naruto! Glad to see you made it. Thought you were going to leave us hanging for a minute there." Kiba said with a grin. "You ready?" I gave Kiba a big smile and thumbs up.

"Good. We need to hurry and fnd Hinata before Neji wakes up and raises hell."

THE FUCK.

"AHHHH. Shino when did you get here? Scared me half to death."

"I was the first one here." Shino speaks again with no emotion behind those glasses and flipped up collar.

"So that is what you all are up too." Damn Damn Damn. I knew it was too easy. I turn around to see Sakura once again with her hand on her hip.

"Sakura. What are you doing here?" Kiba whispers as if our cover has not already been blown.

"I followed Naruto. I'm coming."

"You can't." Shino spats.

"I'm not asking. Hinata is my friend too. Plus I bet Tsuande would love to know about y'alls little mission here." Sakura says as attitude seeps through her teeth.

"Just let her come guys." Kiba and Shino instantly break their necks to give me a death glare. "We could use a medical ninja." I shrug.

"Fine." they both sigh in unison.