Chapter 7

Cory's POV

As the last bell of the day finally rings, I gather all of my stuff and put it in my locker. I finished my homework already, but I do have a test for French that I need to study for, so I only put my French textbook in my backpack along with my computer and stationary. I walk out to my car and drive to the house. The boys have football and basketball practice, so none of them pestered me to drive with me.

I've actually grown kind of close to Ivan and Pavel, but I make sure to keep my distance. I get out of the car when I get to the house and walk in. The feeling in the pit of my stomach is still there from last night. I shake my head and go to the library to study for my test. I study for about a good 2 and a half hours before I go get a snack. I decide to read some books since I really have nothing else better to do and maybe this feeling will go away.

I walk back to the library with my snack in hand and pick out a book for me to read. I get lost in the pages and read for a long while. During my reading time, I hear an alarm go off throughout the entire house. I quickly bookmark the page I'm on and put the book on the table. I walk out of the library and towards my room slowly. I suddenly hear footsteps and hide behind a wall.

I start to make my way to my room again when I don't hear footsteps anymore. I try phoning everyone since I'm the only one here but no one answers.

Fuck.

I take a detour and decide to go to the control room instead of mine so I can see who's here and where these people are. I remember Ivan accidentally spilling that they had one during the tour when I pointed to a door and asked what was in there. On my way there, I hear a voice.

"HEY!! YOU!"

"Shit." I mutter to myself. I turn around to see a big, buff, tall guy standing a couple feet away from me. I keep calm, knowing that freaking out won't do me any good and look the man in the eyes. He starts walking towards me.

"You're coming with me."

"Says who?"

"Says me."

"I think the fuck not."

"And what are you gonna do about it, huh? You're just a girl. You can't do anything."

What the fuck did this bitch say?

He tries to grab my arm but I duck and punch the pressure points in his leg. He leans on the wall as his leg goes limp.

"What the fuck did you do to me?"

I roll my eyes and knock him out with a punch to his face. On the way to the control room, I encounter a couple more people, but I'm able to get past them. I'm almost at the room when I hear a gunshot. I stop running and turn around. I see another guard behind me with a gun in his hand.

I start to panic a little. Taking down guys who don't have weapons is easy, even if they have a knife. But a gun is a different story. You can't dodge bullets like you can dodge punches.

"We can do this one of two ways: you come peacefully, I let you live, and I won't be too hard on you, or I force you and you can be my pet." He says with an evil look.

I hear the gun click and start panicking more, memories jumping into my head. I turn around and start running. I keep running until I think I lose him. That is, until I hear a click behind me. Before I can turn around, I hear a gunshot and wait for the pain, but it doesn't come. I turn around and see Nikolai standing in the doorway.

Next thing I know, I'm in his arms as he rocks us back and forth, trying to calm me down. I don't push him away. Instead, I let him comfort me, I let him hold me.