Chapter 19

Please read my author's note at the end of this book, it's very important.

Cameron's POV

It's been a couple of weeks since Cory and I confessed our feelings to each other. Madi has left me alone, but I still see her glaring at me and looking at Cory with a sad look on her face. Well, that was before she decided it would be a nice idea to try to flirt with her in front of me. She's been doing it for the past two weeks. She really can't take a hint. Cory just completely ignores her. She doesn't say anything because she knows from past attempts that talking to Madi or just plainly telling her to stop or even threatening her won't do anything. I mean, Cory literally almost broke her wrist because she was bullying me and she still can't take a hint.

Anyway, the championships are today. I, of course, am going to support not only Cory, but the whole team. Well... mainly Cory. We aren't official yet and we haven't kissed yet. At one point I started getting frustrated because she hadn't kissed me yet. I didn't make the first move because I'm shy. I mean, Cory's been helping me gain some confidence in myself, but I'm not confident enough to kiss her myself. At one point, I had confronted her about it.

Flashback

I'm sitting on Cory's bed with a pout on my lips. I'm really frustrated. She won't kiss me. We confessed our feelings a while ago, but she won't kiss me. She won't even lean in a little bit. I feel the bed dip. Cory puts her hand on mine but I move my hand and turn away with a playful pout. Just because I'm frustrated doesn't mean I'm angry or upset.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?" She says, laughing a little. I can feel my cheeks heat up and my heart flutter. I honestly love it when she calls me that. I mumble my problem so low, I know she can't hear it. "Speak up Sweetheart."

"You won't kiss me." I say. She moves my body so I'm facing her and lifts my chin before speaking.

"Sweetheart, I haven't kissed you yet because I want to make sure that you're ready. Not only that, but I want your first kiss to be special, not in my room while we're laying down watching Netflix. I promise I'll kiss you soon. Not yet, but soon. It'll be the most special kiss you'll ever have." She says. I nod and she kisses my cheek.

Flashback over

I sigh and get out of bed. Cory is going to pick me up so we can hang out before the final game tonight. I get in the shower to help wake myself up. After I wash my body and my hair, I put on the robe Cory got for me and start blow drying my hair. Cory took me shopping a week ago. As much as I protested, she gave me 2 options; either I get what I want and she pays for it, or she'll buy whatever I look at. Either way, she gets to spoil me. I really want to pay her back, but I don't know what to get. Plus, I can't afford anything too extravagant.

I look through my closet for an outfit to wear. I pick out a pair of gray jeans with a belt that ties into a bow, a black sweater that shows some stomach, and a pair of white sneakers. I put on 3 gold coin necklaces before doing my hair. I decide to leave my hair out. I take out my straightener and straighten my black and purple locks. I put my hair in a middle part and look in my full body mirror before spraying some perfume on my body.