Chapter 30

Cory's POV

It's been about a week since Cameron was taken by her mother. I made sure that her mother got what she deserved; a good threat and a long prison sentence along with her deadbeat boyfriend. I drove Cameron home 2 days later since her father allowed her to stay and rest.

The past week has been eventful and uneventful at the same time. I went to the parlor for some appointments, I had a couple more meetings, I went to visit Cameron at her dad's and my family and I have had a bunch of family nights. But even with all the work I've had, it's been a chill week.

I'm just finishing up some work at the office before I have to go pick up Cameron and Ivy. Once a year, a garden party is held in Sicily, Italy. It's very hard to get tickets and the party is reserved for VIPs only. My father somehow got tickets for my friends and I to go. The party is in a month, but we're going down there early to explore Sicily. We have to get our dresses, shoes, figure out our hair and makeup looks, and many other things to prepare. That's why the girls, Olive, and I are going to the mall today. I also thought it would cheer Cameron up a little.

I finish up the paper documents I've been working on for the past couple of hours before putting them away and straightening up my desk. I walk into the private bathroom I have in my office with the duffle bag I brought with me to change my clothes. I change into a pair of cream shorts and a matching sweater which I roll up. I put on my white Adidas and comb my hair out. I take out a clip and twist my hair into a low, messy ponytail, securing it with the white clip.

Cory's Outfit

Once I'm done changing, I put my work clothes in the duffle and zip it up

Once I'm done changing, I put my work clothes in the duffle and zip it up. I walk out the bathroom and continue packing up my things. I walk out of my office and lock the door once I'm sure I have everything. When I get outside, I walk towards the car I drove to work today. I didn't drive any of my lambos because I know we're going to need a lot more space than the lambos can offer. So instead, I drove the car dad bought me not too long ago.

I absolutely love it and I was speechless when he surprised me with it

I absolutely love it and I was speechless when he surprised me with it. I put my duffle bag in the trunk and get in the driver's seat. I drive to Cameron's house first and text her to come outside when I get there. She walks out and gets in the passenger seat, giving me a kiss before sitting back and putting on her seatbelt. I also go pick up Ivy before driving to the mall. Courtney is taking her car and is picking up Evelyn and Olive, so I don't have to worry about picking them up too.