Chapter 37

Cameron's POV

The beeping of the heart monitor is the only thing keeping me reassured that she's alive. As annoying as it is, it's also comforting. I look down at my girlfriend who's laying down on her hospital bed in the same state she's been in for almost 2 weeks. When they found Cory, they were horrified. She was beaten and bruised so badly. You could practically feel her pain just by looking at her injuries. Her family rushed her to the nearest hospital to get her treatment and once she was stable enough, they moved her to their family hospital closer to their home. I still remember when I first saw her here.

*Flashback*

As soon as my dad pulls up to the hospital, I open the car door to get out and push it closed before running into the hospital. I rush up to the front desk and tell the lady who I'm looking for. She points me in the right direction and I waste no time in getting to the right room. It takes a couple minutes to find it, but when I do, my heart breaks. I look through the wide glass window to see my girlfriend laying in a hospital with a tube down her throat and cuts and bruises decorating her still beautiful face. Beside her are her parents. Her mother is holding her hand with her head leaning on their intertwined hands, tears dropping from her eyes. Her father is sitting in the chair next to her mother, his arms on his legs and his head in his hands.

I walk up to the door and it clicks as I open it. Both Annika and Nickolai look up at me, but my eyes are only on Cory. She looks so pale and lifeless laying there. Her hair is spread out on the pillow, her eyes are closed, and her arms are laying out on the thin "blanket."

"Oh, Darling." Annika says as tears begin streaming down my face. She gets out of her seat and walks over to me, pulling me into a hug as I sob uncontrollably.

*Flashback Over*

I'm pulled out of my thoughts at the erratic beeping of the heart monitor. Panicking, I rush out of my seat and throw the door open to yell for a nurse. A couple of nurses and a doctor run into the room. One nurse stays back to prevent me from running into the room. I don't try to. As much as I want to know what's going on, I know I need to stay back and let the doctors do their job.

I move to the waiting room and call Annika to inform her of what's happening. She, Nickolai, and the boys arrive in no time. We've been sitting in the waiting area for about an hour when a doctor comes out and asks for the family of Cory Kingsley. We all stand, eager to hear what news she has for us.

"As you all know, Cory's injuries are severe, so we had to put her into a coma so her body could heal properly. We noticed a small problem that wasn't very worrisome, but we monitored it in case it became a worry. " She says. She continues to explain what happened and ended her explanation by saying that she's stable and we can now go back in. 

We walk back into the room and I take the seat I had before. I lean my forehead onto my girlfriend's shoulder, just wishing she would wake up already. I don't know how much more I can take without her.

__________________
1 month Time-skip

Cory's POV

Darkness is the only thing I can see. I can't get up, move my fingers and toes, or open my eyes. At first, it scared me, but it became better once she arrived. Having her beside me made it bearable. Hearing her voice, feeling her touch, feeling her lips on my head. It made everything better.

I never knew what a coma felt like and I never wanted to know. Now I know that it's not a good feeling. Not being able to move around or speak, only being able to lay down and stay like that for who knows how long. I've been like this for days, possibly weeks. I try to open my eyes every so often, but I'm never able to do it. I know better than to give up though.