Chapter 11

Cory's POV

1 month later

I sit up in bed and stretch. It's Saturday and the day of my first game and I'm excited but also a little nervous. It's going to be an away game, so I need to be at the school by 7:00 pm. It's 10:15 right now. I get out of bed and walk downstairs for breakfast. I see the others already downstairs getting ready to eat.

"Hey, your first game is tonight right? Are you excited?" Dante asks after I greet everyone with a goodmorning.

"Yeah, I'm pretty excited, but also a little nervous."

Ivy and I had written down every single play in a new play book. We even had the team come with some of their own ideas. We split the girls into teams and tried every single play out. We tried to be fun but also strict. The other players don't fool around unless we're having a break and they take us seriously which makes everything easier on us and on Coach.

Today, Ivy and I are going to hang out with the team at the park and go over all the plays. We're going to watch a video of the team we're playing so we can get an idea on how well they play and what their signature plays are. We're going to cut in a little more practice before the game too, but we're also going to hang just as friends and go get pizza and smoothies before the game as well. But that's not until 11:30.

I eat my breakfast and tell the family my plans for today. When I finish, I go upstairs to brush my teeth and get dressed. I get dressed in a simple outfit; black and white Adidas pants, a hoodie, and some old white sneakers.

 I get dressed in a simple outfit; black and white Adidas pants, a hoodie, and some old white sneakers

I put my hair in a messy ponytail and decide to pack the things I need for the game. I take out a black duffel bag with my name on it and start packing. My sneakers, socks, deodorant, wipes, hair ties, a hair brush, a headband, slides, extra underwear, and lady things. I'm not on my period, but you can never be too careful. I also lay out my uniform and the clothes I'm going to put on before I leave for the game.

Once I finish packing, I put my duffel bag on my bed and grab my keys, phone, headphones, playbook, and basketball. I walk out to my garage and put the passcode in. I decide to take my white lambo since it's a convertible. I get in my car after informing my parents that I'm leaving and go pick up Ivy and Kiara. She's one of the girls on the team. She doesn't have a ride, so I offered to pick her up and drop her off when we're finished. 

I get to Ivy's and I say a quick hello to Mr. Monroe before driving off once she's in the car. I then go to Kiara's house. When she comes out and sees us sitting in my car, she gawks.

 When she comes out and sees us sitting in my car, she gawks