Chapter 40

Cory's POV

2 Years Later

Senior year.

The one year everybody waits for in high school. That's the year my friends and I are in right now. So much has happened in the past two years. Relationships have grown, friendships have been made, and opportunities have presented themselves. Everyone is still in their same relationships. Olive actually found their significant other about a year ago. As soon as Collin was introduced, he clicked with all of us immediately. He also introduced us to his twin sister Zoe.

I swear that girl is my best friend next to Ivy. Another important thing that happened, Dimitri came out to everyone and we met his boyfriend, Landon, 2 years ago. Landon flys over every year for Dimitri's birthday, Christmas, and New Years. He and his family had a falling out not too long before he met Dimitri, but he knows that he will always have a family here.

Putting all of that aside, in a few days, it is going to be a very important and special day. In a few days, it'll be Cameron and I's third year anniversary of the day I gave her the promise ring, which also means that it's going to be her birthday. We don't usually do anything big to celebrate because she never wants to, but I do have a very special and important thing to do.

Speaking of that thing, I've just gotten off the phone with one of my brothers to talk about the setup and to make sure everything is ready. As soon as he tells me everything is good to go, I go upstairs to get myself dressed. I don't do anything major, just a shower and comfy clothes for now. Once I'm dressed, I make sure everything is packed for the last time before grabbing my bags and leaving my room.

I grab the keys to my truck and walk out the door. I walk to my garage and go through all of the security features. Once I do that, it opens up and I make my way to my car. I put my bags in the trunk, get in, turn on the car, and pull out of the garage.

 I put my bags in the trunk, get in, turn on the car, and pull out of the garage

As I'm driving, Cameron calls me. I answer her call of course and we talk to each other until I tell her I'm outside her house. She hangs up the phone and not two minutes later, she walks out of her house looking beautiful as ever, even in sweatpants and an oversized hoodie. I get out of the car to put her bags in the trunk and get back in the car.

She leans over the middle console and gives me a kiss before sitting back and putting her seatbelt on. I put my hand on her thigh like always and begin driving to our destination. Cameron has told me a few times that she has always wanted to go on a yacht. Ever since the first time she told me, I started planning a little trip for the two of us.

It takes about an hour and a half to get to the dock. When we arrive, I park the car and grab both my bag and Cameron's to give them to a bodyguard. I then help Cameron out of the car and lead her onto the dock. I had her put a blindfold on to not soil the surprise. Once we're in front of the surprise, I take her blindfold off and step aside. She's silent for a minute before turning to me.