Chapter 9

Cory's POV

A week has passed since I've told everyone what happened at the orphanage. Thankfully, they didn't treat me like I was a delicate teapot that would break with the slightest touch. They didn't say sorry, they didn't blame themselves (but I know they do), they didn't even push me for more information. All they did was comfort me. They kept telling me that I was safe and they would protect me. That's what I love about them. They don't show me pity because I don't need nor want it. Pity makes me feel weak.

However, when dad checked the security cameras, he saw me fighting some of the men who broke into the house. He came to my room and asked me how I did it. I said I could tell the whole family since I know they're going to watch the clips anyway. So that's what I'm doing. Right now, my father, mother, brothers, and I are all outside in the backyard. We set up some sparring mats on the grass and everyone's sitting while I'm standing.

"So, what type of fighting was that, if that was fighting at all?" Matteo asked.

"It's not necessarily fighting. It's more so used for defense but you can use it to attack. It's called chi blocking."

"Chi blocking?"

"Yes. It's an ancient technique that has been practiced in secret for centuries. Not many people know chi blocking. Most people have never even heard of it."

"So what is chi blocking?"

"It's exactly what it sounds like. Chi blocking is when you block someone's chi. You make the victim's muscles useless by hitting multiple pressure points. There are pressure points all over your body. Your arms, legs, fingers, toes, neck, back, everywhere. Let me demonstrate. Who wants to get their ass kicked first?" I say seriously. (And yes I took it from Avatar: The Last Airbender.) Everyone looks at Emiliano first. He sighs and walks over to me. I can tell he's not very keen on sparring with his baby sister. "Don't go easy on me." I say with a smirk.

He lunges at me but I do a back walkover making him miss me. I slide under legs so his back is to me and pinch his pressure points in his back making him fall on his stomach. "Um..... ow." He says.

"Be happy I didn't punch them. Then you'd really be in pain."

"How long is this supposed to last? I can't move."

"Relax, it'll be like that for a few minutes. In the meantime, who wants to go next?"

___________________

An hour later, I've beaten all my brothers and my father except for Dominick and Dimitri who are still sitting down with mom. The rest of my brothers and father groan.

"I thought you said it would only last a few minutes." Emiliano groans out. I may or may not have thrown Elijah on him. Hehe, whoops.

"Well what's the point of chi blocking if it only lasts a few minutes? It really depends on which points you hit. But I can speed it up though."

"Please do!" They all groaned.

I laugh. "Alright, alright. Give me a minute." I say and start walking back inside when I hear Emiliano yell out.

"ELIJAH!! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU EAT!!??"

I take that as my cue to start walking faster. I get to my room, grab the oil, and run back out. I spread them out on the mat and put the oil on the places I pinched them. "This oil will help with the muscles. Also, if a little pinch is all it takes to get you down, you better hope that your enemies don't know chi blocking."

(Btws, everything I'm saying about chi blocking, I'm making it up so don't call me out😭😭😭)

They told me about their mafia and the reason they gave me up a couple days ago. I didn't really react. Who am I to judge their life and what they do? If they're in the mafia, then they're in the mafia. Besides, it's not like they really had a choice. My father was forced into it but soon grew to be a true leader. He feels the mafia as his calling just like the others. Yes they sell drugs, weapons, and such, but they also destroy auction houses and save people from human traffickers. They're a good mafia.