Chapter 15

Previously

"Lessa?"

I turn around to face the source of the voice.

"Madi?"

"I-I thought I'd never see you again." She says, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. I stand up and open my mouth to say something. But before I can, she runs into my arms. I don't wrap my arms around her as I'm completely confused and shocked. She pulls away, puts her hands around my neck and,

kisses me?

Cory's POV

She pulls away from the kiss and wraps her arms around me again.

I know, I know. You're all confused again, so let me explain. The 16 year old girl who's hugging me right now is Madison Carter.

My girlfriend.

Ex girlfriend?

To be very fucking honest, I don't even know anymore. We met in the orphanage my family left me in. She was my only friend. We knew each other like the back of our hands. We ran away together after Brady became too out of hand. We promised to stay by each other's side.

She was there when I started working for Nyxon. She was there for my first tattoo and piercing. We started dating at 14. We had only been dating for a few months when she was adopted by a family and moved away. We were able to keep in contact since I had a phone. At one point, I found her again when I traveled with Nyxon to one of my shops in America. I saw her in a cafe kissing another girl.

I was heartbroken that she had forgotten all about me. I haven't thought of her since that day. It was too painful. She at least could've texted or called me, saying that she wanted to break up. I mean, we weren't even together for a full year before she cheated on me. We had known each for so long though. At least I thought I knew her.

She bumped into me again a few days later. She ran up to me, hugged me, and kissed me, basically what she's doing now. I pushed her off, glared at her, and walked away. I didn't see her again. Until today.

I finally snap out of my shocked trance and gently push her off. She has tears streaming down her face. She looks different. She has on a short skirt with a crop top that shows a lot of cleavage. I look at her with disgust. This is not the girl I remember, and even if she was, I still wouldn't want her.

Alex, Axel, Courtney, Evelyn, Ivy, and Liam all look at her with disgust as well. They know about our history. Olive, Xavier, Leo, and Cameron all look confused and shocked and Cameron looks a little sad as well.

"I missed you so much Lessa. We have so much to catch up on." She said with a big smile on her face.

"Sure. But not right now. I'm kinda busy." I say.

"Oh, ok. I'll see you at school then." I nod and we all leave. It took so much in me not to shove her away and walk back to my car without a word. I'm trying to be at least a little nice because her father is a mafia leader. How do I know this? My father and brothers told me about all the mafia leaders and showed me pictures of them, their husbands or wives, and their children. I was shocked when I saw Madi and her adoptive father, but I had covered it up. I didn't want to start a possible mafia war over a girl who broke my heart 2 years ago. Besides, I didn't think I'd ever see her again, never mind having to deal with her.

We all drive to a bakery and order cupcakes. We sit at a booth and wait for our cupcakes to come to our table. When the waiter sets them on the table and leaves, Olive speaks up.

"So, what was that all about?" They ask.

"That... was Madison Carter, my ex-girlfriend. Well, we haven't officially broke it off yet, but I consider her my ex."

"What's the history between you two, if you don't mind me asking?"

"She cheated on me and pretended it never happened. She didn't even have the guts to send me a text or a phone call saying that she wanted to break up. I mean, I get that long distance is hard, but that doesn't mean it's ok to cheat because you're lonely." I explain. They didn't ask any more questions after that which I'm grateful for.

Deciding it's time to go home after glancing at the time, everyone leaves to their separate cars, but I pull Cameron aside.

"Hey. Are you ok? You've been looking pretty down ever since we left the park." I ask concerned.

"Oh, yea I'm fine. Just a little tired is all." She says. I know there's something else bothering her, but I'm not going to force her to tell me. I nod and she goes to Olive's car while I go to mine. I drop off Alex and Axel and drive myself home after saying a quick hi to their mother. I walk in the door and see everyone in the living room.

"Hey. What is everyone doing here?" I ask a little confused. The only time the entire family is together is during dinner.

"Oh. We were just waiting for you." Ivan says.

"Why?"

"Because we wanted to spend time as a family and have a movie night. It's been a while since we've all been together during the day." Mom says. I nod and jog upstairs to get my pajamas on before going back downstairs. I sit on the couch between Emiliano and Pavel as Dominick sits on the floor between my legs. I comb my fingers through his hair as he closes his eyes, leaning his head on my leg. Dante puts on the movie "As Above So Below".

I sigh and cuddle into Emiliano's side while holding Pavel's hand with my right, and massaging Dominick's head with my left. The rest of the night is spent watching a bunch of movies, and I suddenly forget about the events of the day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everyone! I know this chapter is pretty short and doesn't have too much going on, but I didn't have much inspiration to write. I'm going to try to update at least 2 more chapters this week since I'm on spring break, and at least 3 chapters for "Their Princess Returns". However, since I am on spring break, I would like to relax this week and not spend all my free time writing, but those chapters will be up.

I hope you guys have a wonderful day. Don't forget to leave anything you have to say (preferably nice things or suggestions for chapters or anything you would like to see) in the comments.

Thank you for reading!!❤️❤️❤️