Chapter 20

Cory's POV

It's Friday, December 10, 2021.

The start of Winter break.

The group and I are leaving for the Maldives tomorrow morning. We're going to be there until Wednesday, which is the 22nd. We'll be leaving sometime Wednesday afternoon or maybe during the evening. We'll have the 23rd through 26th to spend with our families before we have to go back to school on Monday, the 27th. I have a few things planned for some of the days we'll be there. But some of the days will be used for the group to do whatever they want, or to just chill in the bungalow.

The bungalow I booked for us is a private bungalow. There are 5 bedrooms, yet 11 of us. 3 of the bedrooms have one bed while the other two have 3 beds. Me and Cami will share, Xavier and Leo will share, and Ivy will have the last bedroom with the single bed to herself. Alex, Axel, and Liam will share one of the bedrooms with 3 beds while Courtney, Evelyn, and Olive will share the other.

We're going to be taking my family's private jet to get there since it's faster. We'll be leaving Russia at 2:35 am tomorrow morning so we'll have more time to spend there. Also, from Moscow to the Maldives is 9 hours and 15 minutes with no stops, so we want to leave as early as possible.

As of right now, I'm in Walmart running some errands. Since today was a half day at school, I decided to finish buying whatever last minute things I need. I have to buy some travel sized necessities like toothpaste, lotion, body wash, soap, face wash, perfume, and other things as well. After this, I have to go to Target to buy some fun floaties we can use in the water along with water guns. We can probably buy some of this in the Maldives, but I don't know how much it would cost. Plus, the floaties here are small when they're folded and not blown up.

I finish up buying everything I need from Walmart and get in my car to drive to Target. When I get there, I walk over to the isle where they sell pool floats and FaceTime the group chat. They all answer almost immediately.

"What's up Cory?" Axel asks.

"I'm in Target right now to buy some pool floats, so which ones do you guys want, one each." I say and flip the camera. After the group ponders on which ones they want, I finally hang up and I put the floats in my basket.

I have a swan for Evelyn, a flamingo for Courtney, a duck for Liam, a mermaid for Cami, a shark for Axel, a unicorn for Leo, Mickey Mouse for Xavier, an avocado for Olive, a donut for Ivy, a dragon for Alex, Stitch for me, and a big pizza float that we can all fit on. After getting the floats, I get the water guns and head over to checkout. I pay for everything and put the bags in the trunk of my car and drive home.

When I get home, I keep my car in front of the house since I'm going out again. The guards help me take out the bags and bring them to my room. I go into my closet and put the bags down. I open up my suitcase, toiletry bag, and backpack on the floor and start packing. I hook my phone up to my speaker, choose a random playlist, and start packing.

(The packing process is a little confusing and not important, so if you want to skip, you can stop at the line)

I pack shorts, leggings, tank tops, crop tops, some fancy clothing, and pajamas. I also pack my underwear, a few bathing suits, and move on to shoes. I'm going to be bringing multiple pairs of shoes, including a pair of heels.

Once I finish with that, I move on to toiletries. My toiletries bag isn't too big, but it isn't too small either. I dig into one of the plastic bags and take out the travel sized toothbrush and toothpaste I bought. I get my mini curling wand and straightener, my blow dryer    \, a hair brush, and comb from my bathroom along with multiple hair ties, clips, and other hair accessories. When I come back into my closet, I dig into the bags again to find my traveled sized shampoo, conditioner, lotion, perfume, body wash, face wash, face moisturizer, deodorant, and sunblock. I put them all in my toiletries bag, put the bag in my suitcase, and put my hairbrush and comb in a pocket in my backpack.