Chapter 14

Cameron's POV

I walk into My Little Ink with Cory. It's my first day working here and I'm so excited. After looking at some more drawings of mine, Cory brought me to the shop the next day to get started. I told her that it would be cool to not only draw new designs, but to work on people. She's going to begin training me next week.

She introduces me to the workers here and gives me a small tour of the place. I know that Liam, Ivy, Alex, and Axel also work here sometimes, so I may see them as well. She shows me my workspace and gives me my schedule before we get back in the car and drive to school.

When we arrive, everyone looks at us. Boys are looking at me with glares, and even some girls are. She walks me to the office so I can get my school schedule, locker number, and my lock. We make our way to my locker which isn't very far from hers. After I put away the books I don't need, she escorts me to my first class.

"Alright, I'll see you at lunch. And remember, if anyone gives you any trouble, I'm only a call away." She says before walking away to her first period. I walk into the classroom which is filled with students and go sit down in an empty seat in the back.

I can't wait for lunch.

_____________________

The end of the day

I'm sitting on the bleachers in the gym watching Cory practice. She has a basketball game this Saturday and since it's Tuesday, she has practice. I don't mind watching. If I'm being honest, it's hot watching her play basketball. Not that she's ever gonna know that.

She soon finishes and I walk down the bleachers towards her. We walk to her car and drive to her house so she can shower. When we get there, I sit on her bed as she picks some clothes from her closet and walks into her bathroom to shower. She comes out in a fresh pair of clothes, throwing her workout wear in her dirty clothes hamper. We sit on her bed and watch The 100 for the rest of the day until I have to go home.

2 weeks later

It's been 2 weeks since I met Cory and we've gotten very, very close. We hang out all the time, whether it's with all of our friends, or just the two of us. I also got my second tattoo. It's the same one Cory, Xavier, Olive, and Leo have. Leo and Xavier announced that they're dating not too long ago. They're honestly so cute together.

I really like Cory and I love hanging out with her. We're practically best friends.

Is it wrong that I want to be something more? Is it wrong that I like her this way? Is it wrong that I want her, not physically, but romantically? Is it wrong to like someone this way after only 2 weeks of knowing them?

Well, in my opinion... no, it's not.

If there's one thing people can't control, it's their feelings. You can't decide who you're in love with, nor who you love. You can't decide who your love is stronger for. You can't decide who your desire is stronger for. You can decide who you want to be with, you can make your own decisions and choices, but who can't decide your love for someone.

I'm not saying I love her. It's waaay too soon for that. But for the past few weeks, we've spent practically every day together. We would talk about basketball games, what plans we have, and our interests and hobbies while with the group, and we would talk about more personal things like our past and what we want to do in the future while it's just the two of us.

She told me the story of how her and her family came to be. She told me how she was in the orphanage since she was a newborn, how she was adopted at the age of 6, why her biological parents gave her up, how her adoptive parents gave her up when she was 10, and how she resented her family for the next 6 years. She told me that she found out the reason her adoptive family gave her up and how they are now closer than ever before. She didn't tell me the reason for them giving her up though, due to it being personal matters.

She told every story about when and why she got every single tattoo and piercing. She told me the stories of when she dyed her hair multiple times, and what color she was going to dye it next. She told me about how she picked up and learned all of her interests and hobbies from her brothers, and how they stuck with her all these years. She told me about her dreams for the future.

In return, I told her about my life. I told her about how my mother left my father and brother for another man, bringing me with her. I told her about how close my father and I were and still are. I told her how I would walk miles and miles just to get back to my father's home. I told her the story about the time where I walked 2 thousand miles across the country from my mother's to my father's twice. I told her the reason why I kept going back to my father, because my mother paid no attention to me, only to her boyfriend. I was only 9, I needed my mother's attention but she reserved it all for her boyfriend. I told her how my mother tried to keep me away from my father, but because I kept running away to my father and brother, my father finally got full custody of me.

I feel like I've known her for years. I know she has a "Love is Love" tattoo for pride, but that doesn't mean she's a part of the LGBTQ+ community. She might just support it. I know she does because of Xavier and Leo. Xavier explained how Cory gave him the boost to ask Leo out.

I know almost everything about her, just like how she knows almost everything about me, but we still have our own secrets. My secret is that I'm lesbian. I've been in a couple of relationships with a few girls, I've just not found the right one.

But with Cory, it's different. She makes me feel alive and free. She makes me feel safe and protected. I can be my true self when I'm with her. She's amazing. I want to make her feel special. I want to take her on dates and make her happy. The question is...

Does she feel the same way?

Cory's POV

She's amazing.

Everything about her is amazing. Her smile, her laugh, her style, the way she carries herself, everything. She makes me want to protect her, like I feel the need to protect her. She's beautiful. She's confident, but still has her insecurities. She doesn't let them get the best of her though. She's stubborn and determined. I feel like I've known her for my whole life.

Damn I sound like a simp.

Well, I guess that isn't so bad. I'm not going to say I love her. Love is too strong of a word to play around with and it's too soon to say. I'll only say that when I'm ready. I will say that I do like her.

A lot.

She's just so...

Perfect.

I'm sitting in the park with everyone when my thoughts get cut off by a voice I thought I'd never hear again.

"Lessa?"

I turn around to face the source of the voice.

"Madi?"

"I-I thought I'd never see you again." She says, tears threatening to fall out her eyes. I stand up and open my mouth to say something. But before I can, she runs into my arms. I don't wrap my arms around her as I'm completely confused and shocked. She pulls away, puts her hands around my neck and,

kisses me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helllooo everyone! I'm sorry I didn't update yesterday. The wifi at my dad's house was acting up. Anyway, what do you think of the chapter? Who do you think Cory's talking about? Leave all your ideas, suggestions, and such in the comments.

Thank you for reading!!❤️❤️❤️