Chapter 16

Cory's POV

Kill me now.

When did she get so annoying?

When did her voice get so high pitched?

When did her face look so... colorful?

It's Monday. It's been a week since Madi has been here and all she has done and continues to do is bug me. Ever since I helped Leo, I've become pretty popular in school along with the group. Some people are scared of me, others try to get with me. The guys and girls on the sports teams think I'm pretty cool since I have piercings and tattoos.

Stereo typical🙄.

I'm walking to lunch right now and Madi has decided to walk with me. I walk into the lunchroom with the usual scowl on my face. The only difference is that my usual scowl says "don't mess with me" while this says "talk to me and I'll kill you".

I sit down in my usual seat at my usual table. The group is already here. A small unnoticeable smirk appears on my face as Madi realizes there are no more seats. She'll finally leave me alone for the rest of lunch. I mentally do a happy dance. However, my happiness is short lived when she turns to Cameron who's sitting across from me.

"Hey. There are no more seats left, so do you mind getting up? I haven't seen my girlfriend in years?" She says to her. The only reason she targeted Cameron and no one else is because she knows that no one else would get up. We're all lazy ass bums who will dropkick you if you talk to us like that, even Leo. The only person who is a complete golden child is Cameron.

Hesitantly, Cameron gets up from her seat. I motion for her to come over to me and she does. I move my bag from between my legs and pat the now empty spot. She gives me a look as if to say, 'are you sure' and I nod. She sits between legs. Since she's shorter than me, I put my left arm on her shoulder while I go on my phone with my other hand. I notice Madi looking at us with jealousy, but I pay no attention to her. I start checking emails and looking at pictures of tattoos and tattoo designs. I ask Cameron if she can recreate some of the pictures I like with a twist. The bell finally rings and we all go our separate ways to our classes.

_____________________

It's the end day and I'm waiting for Cameron outside the school doors so we can go to work when Madi comes up to me.

"Hey Cory. Wanna hang out today?" She asks me.

"Can't. Me and Cameron have work."

"Well... how about tomorrow?"

"Can't. I have basketball practice."

"Um, can I come to watch?"

"Can't. Coach won't allow anyone to watch practice."

"Ok, umm, well I'm free this whole week, so anytime is good for me."

"Can't. I have either practice and work all week, my game is saturday, Sunday morning, I'm having breakfast with the group and their parents, the afternoon is going to be spent with the team, and I'm spending the night with my family."I say, and no I didn't say all of that just to get away from her. Well... not technically. I really have all of that to do this week.

Before she can reply, Cameron walks out of the school. I ask her if she's ready to go and she nods. We walk over to my car and I get in the driver's seat.

"That's your car!?" Madi asks in shock, staring at my silver lambo

"Yup." I say before driving off. I pull up to a red light when Cameron decides to speak.

"Ya know, for being her girlfriend, you don't seem all that fond of her." She states.

"She's not my girlfriend. She's just an annoying nuisance who won't leave me alone."