Chapter 1: Staring or Caring?

Henry's Pov

"Hey guys!" Said Charlotte as she walked into the house.

"Hey Char," I said. Charlotte is one of my best friends. I can tell her anything.

"Sup Charlotte," said Jasper.

"Let's go. I don't wanna be tardy! You guys ready?" Said Char. So we all left for another day of school at Swellview Junior High.

/////////////////////////

We started walking to school.

"Are you going to the dance at club soda tonight Hen?" asked Jasper.

"Well Bianca's dating Mitch Bilsky now, so I don't have a date," I replied. "What about you Char? You going?"

"Nah I don't really wanna," Said char.

"Come onnn ,Char! You don't even have to go to work this evening. You better go to that dance."

"But Henry, I don't have a date!"

"Guys, you don't have to bring a date. Alot of people are just going with their friends," said Jasper.

"Cool. We all should just go as friends!" I suggested.

"I can't though," said Jasper. "They hired me to guard the a entrance and only allow legit teenagers to enter."

"Well I guess it's just you and me Char," I said.

"Yup," she mumbled.

Charlotte's Pov

The school day went by pretty quickly. I got an A on my Algebra quiz. Yay me!!! Anyway, I have to get ready for the dance. I don't even know what to wear!

////////////

I decided to wear my curly hair out natural. I threw on a glittery royal blue ruffled mini dress. Then I put on a pair of black tights and royal blue hi-top sneakers. I switched things up by wearing hot pink lipstick and a little bit of mascara. I said bye to my parents then ran out the door to Henry's house.

Henry's Pov

I heard a knock on the door. When I opened it I was blown away. It was Charlotte, looking much nicer than usual. I can't believe I'm saying this, but she looked like a beautiful royal blue fantasy.

I didn't even know what to say to her. I just froze up in front of my best friend.

"Uh... Henry? Are you ready to go?"

"Oh! Um... yeah, we should get going." Thats when I felt a little hand grab tbe back of my shirt.

"WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING?!!!" yelled my annoying little sister, Piper.

"Char and I are going over to the dance club soda, so catch ya later?"

"Yeah whatever bye!" screamed Piper. Then she pushed Charlotte and I out the door and slammed it in our faces. Then we just stood there in silence. After around five seconds, Char broke the silence.

"Hen, why are we making this so awkward? We're just two best friends going to club soda. Come on, let's go!"

"Yeah let's go. And by the way, you look amazing tonight Char."

"Aw, thanks Hen. You look nice too. Come on let's get going."