Chapter 3: Exes and Enemies

Char's Pov

OHMYGOSH. I'm finally with the boy of my dreams... I always liked him. I never knew that he felt the same way. Anyway, Henry and I walked over to buy sodas, hand in hand. That's when we saw Bianca and Mitch.

"Hey Bianca," I said.

"Oh hi Charlotte! and hey... Henry," said Bianca.

"What's up, Bianca?" asked Henry as he squeezed my hand tighter.

"Oh... so you guys are a thing now?" asked Bianca. She looked uncomfortable.

"Yeah. Char's my girl," said Henry.

"Well... Ok then."

"Catch ya later Bianca," said Henry.

She waved to us with a sad look on her face. She shouldn't be jealous. She's dating Mitch Bilsky.

////

Henry's Pov

Was Bianca jealous? Hmm... it seems like she was. Ever since she found out about me and Char she's been acting like a wet mop. Mitch had to literally drag her onto the dance floor.

"Hen, wanna dance?"

"Sure baby." So I took Charlotte onto the dance floor. It was a fast song.

"So hen. Should we keep us a secret?"

"No freaking way!"

"But wouldn't it be such a surprise that we're together?"

"Nope. Well we've been good friends for a long time. A lot of the kids here think we're cute together."

"Really?"

"Yup. You just never noticed." That's when a slow song started.

"SPOTLIGHT DANCE!"shouted the Dj. That's when the spotlight landed on Char and I. Everyone gasped. But we didnt care. Char and I just danced the song away. At the very end, I leaned in and kissed my angel. Everyone clapped. Then they startrd saying things like "I knew it!" and "It's about time!"

Char and Ieft the dance floor and bought some sodas. Then we sat in the lounge and cuddled until Jasper came running in.

"Ok, I finished my door shift... Whoa, did I miss something?"

"Well Char and I---"

"I knew it!" yelled Jasper.

"Dude, what are you talking about?" asked Char.

"I knew that you two are perfect for each other." Then Char playfully punched Jasper in the arm.

"I'll leave you two lovers alone," he said.

Then he left to hang out with some friends of his.

We talked and snuggled some more, until Bianca and Mitch walked over.

"Yo Hart," said Mitch.

"What Mitch?!"

"You can have Bianca, she's not my type."

"Um no thank you. I have my Char-bear. Besides, you can't just dump your gf like that."

"Um yes I can, chicken-legs!"

"Hey don't call me chicken legs!"

"Whatever. And yes, I can dump Bianca because she paid me to."

"She what?!" asked Charlotte.

"Um what's going on Bianca?" I asked.

"Henry, can we talk alone?" she asked.

"Okay. I'll be back, Char-bear."

"Kay, hen."

////////////////

Bianca led me to a private corner by the soda bar.

"Henry listen, I... The only reason I went out with Mitch was to make you jealous..."

"But Bianca, why would you wanna make me jealous?"

"Well... I still like you. And I really wanted to go back out with you. So I paid Mitch to dump me so you would take me back."

"But you already know that I'm with Charlotte, Bianca."

"Yeah but, I thought you still like me."

"Well I dunno if I still do. But it would be a childish thing for me to dump Charlotte for you."

"We're only 13."

"So?! I love Char, we've been best friends for a long time. I just poured my heart out to her about how I feel,"

"Whatever Henry Hart!! Who needs you anyway?! I will find the true guy of my dreams. BUT before I go..."

That's when Bianca kissed me. It only lasted for a hot second. Then she ran off to her group of friends. I turned around to go back over to Char. But as I turned around I saw strands of frizzy-curly black hair whip around the corner. Gosh Darn It! Char saw the kiss!