Chapter 14: Ugly weirdo?

Char's Pov
I got out of bed and freshened up. Then I put on my black California tank top and light blue jeans. I put my hair into low curly pigtails and put on some light pink lipstick. I slipped on my black high-tops and left for Henry's house. I decided to just brush off that #1uglyweirdo thing. It's not worth getting stressed over.
///////////
When I walked into school building, most of the kids in the hallway started to snicker and laugh at me. Then Chloe shouted, "LOOK IT'S THE UGLY WEIRDO!"
The kids who were laughing started to laugh even harder. Okay, now it started to hurt. As tough as I am, this was really starting to hurt me. Henry squeezed my hand as I thought of whether I should run into a burning building. Then Chloe continued, "Look at her, she's a short little stick! And her pigtails are bigger than her head!" A tear rolled down my cheek.
Then Miss Shapen came storming into the hallway. "GET TO CLASS, YOUR ANNOYING POOPTARDS!"she yelled. I slipped my hand out of Henry's and trudged downstairs alone to the gym.
Then I heard footsteps booming towards me. It was Debbie.
"Charlotte, don't be affected by it," she said. "You're pretty and adorable, don't let that Chloe chick hurt you."
"Thanks Deb," I said as I hugged her. Then we both went into the locker room and changed into our gym uniform, which is the red T-shirt and black sweatpants or shorts. We were the first girls out of the locker room, so we just went to the bleachers and sat down. Then I saw Henry walk out of the boys locker room with Jasper. He ran up the bleachers and plopped himself down next to me. He hugged me to him tightly.
/////////////
Our next class was art with Mrs. Miller.
"Okay kids, your new art assignment is to make a detailed sketch of something in this classroom that stands out. You don't have to be good at drawing, but do it to the best of your ability." I decided to draw the wooden owl on the left side of the room.
After a long fifteen minutes, Mrs. Miller made us reveal our drawings. Henry's was of his "perfect'' hair. Jasper's was of the paint-splashed bucket on the teacher's desk. When Bianca revealed her drawing, most of the class broke into laughter. It
was a hideous drawing of me. My pigtails were way too big, and she drew my body like a stick figure. "This is what STICKS out to me, get it?" she said. The assignment was to draw someTHING that stands out, not someONE.
"I-I'm a thing?" I stammered, as I blinked back some tears. Come on, Char. You're tough.
"Yeah, you're a bad little thing," said Bianca. Mrs Miller was busy writing in her grade book, so she didn't know what was going on.
"Bianca, leave Charlotte alone," said Henry.
"Come on Henry, you're such a cutie. You need someone pretty, and not her!" said Bianca.
"I don't care what you think," said Henry. "To me, Charlotte is adorable, and she's---"
"Whatever Henry," interrupted Bianca. I Buried my head in my hands so my tears wouldn't show. Come on Char, you're tough!
//////////////
After school, Henry and I silently started walking to Junk N Stuff. When we got to the door, Henry stopped. I stopped, too. Before I parted my lips to ask why he stopped, he kissed me. Then he said "Stay strong, baby." Then we both walked in while holding hands.
//////////////
Eventually Henry and Ray left to deal with the Toddler.