Chapter 12: Flashbacks and Attacks

(Monday) Char's Pov

BEEP BEEP BEEP. I smacked the snooze button on my alarm clock and dragged myself out of bed. I freshened up and put on my blouse with the union jack British flag on it. I slipped on my normal blue jeans. I styled the front of my curly hair a little with some bobby pins. Then I put on some clear lip gloss, slipped on ym combat boots, and left the house.

//////////////////

I walked into Henry's house with a mug of hot chocolate that  bought from the nearby cafe. "Hey shorty" said Henry. He hugged me from behind.

"Hey Charlotte," said Jasper. Then we all started walking to school.

"Uh... Henry?"

"Yeah, Char?"

"I just wanna know... When did you start liking me Henry?"

"Well, I dunno..."

"Come on, think Henry."

"Ever since you looked so beautiful on the night of that dance, I've been sure of my feelings for you."

"Wow, so you just started liking me at that time?"

"Well, um... I did care about you before, but I just ignored those feelings since you were my best bud," said Henry.

"Remember when we first met?" I asked.

(FLASHBACK) Henry's Pov

I was sitting next to Jasper in Ms. Johnson's third grade class in Swellview Elementary School. I turned around when I saw the door open. A little girl with chocolate skin walked in. She had wild curly hair, with a big pink bow in it. She was wearing a grey shirt and denim knee-length shorts. She had on a pair of pink combat boots. "Hi sweetie, what's your name?" asked Ms. Johnson.

"Charlotte Bolton," said the little girl.

"Nice to meet you Charlotte. Go sit next to Henry. Henry, raise your hand!"

Char's Pov

The little boy named Henry raised his hand. He had dirty-blonde hair and big brown eyes. He was wearing a nice red shirt with jeans and dark blue vans. I went and took a seat next to him.

"Okay class," said Ms. Johnson. "Open your workbook and go to page 11. Do numbers 1 to ten of the addition problems." I did what I was told and began working.

"Hi little girl," said the boy named Henry.

"Little girl isn't my name," I said.

"Fine, okay. Hi...Charlotte," said the boy.

"Hello," I said.

Henry's Pov

She smiled as she told me "Hello." I saw a dimple form in one of her rosy cheeks.

"Are you new?" I asked.

"Yeah," said the little girl as she brushed one of  her wild curls out of her face. I couldn't help but stare at her.

"What?" she giggled.

"Nothing," I said. "Can you help me with number four?"

"Sure," said Charlotte. We both smiled at each other and got to work.

////////////////////////////

At lunch time the Miss Johnson lined us all up and took us downstairs to the lunch room. We got on line and took out lunches. For lunch there was pizza. I asked the little girl named Charlotte to sit near me, Jasper, and Debbie.

"Can one of you show me where the bathrooms are?" asked Charlotte.

"I'll show you," I said. We both got up then I held her hand and led her to the bathroom.

"Thanks, Hen. Can I call you Hen?" she asked.

"Yeah. And I'll call you Char," I said. She gave me a kiss on the cheek. I kinda liked it.

"W-what was that for?" I asked, while blushing.

"Thank you for being nice to me," she said. I smiled then went back into the lunch room.

///////////////////////////

(BACK TO HEN, CHAR, AND JASP WALKING TO SCHOOL) Henry's Pov

"Yeah I remember," I said. "You grew a lot, but you're still short." Char gave me a mean look which made me laugh. Then I held her hand, just like how I showed the cute little 3rd grader Charlotte where the bathroom was...

"Since we're bringing up the past," said Jasper. "Remember that time when we went to the beach?"

"That was two days ago," said Charlotte.

"Oh, then I got nothing..." said Jasper.

"Remember our 5th grade prom?" I asked.

"Oh yeahhh..." said Jasper and Charlotte.

(FLASHBACK) Char's Pov

I walked into the gym for the 5th grade prom. It was Hawaiian themed. There were colorful lights  and beach decorations everywhere. I had on a short ruffled yellow dress with silver flats. My hair was straightened for the occasion. I had on clear lip gloss and I carried a little black purse.

Henry's Pov

Charlotte walked in looking cute as always. "Hey Hen," she said.

"Hey Char," I said.

"You look nice," said Char.

"Aw, thanks. You look amazing---er----you look nice, Char..." I said. We had dinner with our friends then we joined the rest of the class on the dance floor. "We Fell In Love" by Rihanna started playing. Jasper and Debbie started dancing like idiots, but Char and I danced like normal human beings. Everyone pretty much danced the night away. Once Char tripped over Jasper's foot and almost fell on her back, but I caught her just in time. I just froze, staring into her glittery eyes. Then I was jolted back to reality.

"Be careful you klutz," I chuckled. Charlotte playfully punched me in the arm.

////////////////////////

(BACK TO HEN, CHAR, AND JASP WALKING TO SCHOOL) Char's Pov

"Yup, good times..." I said.

///////////////////

 I opened my locker, only to have it slammed shut by Chloe. Bianca was right by her side.

"Trust me Charlotte, I will get what I want," said Bianca.

"One way or the other..." said Chloe. I just rolled my eyes and walked away. But Bianca stopped me in my tracks.

"Where do you think you're going?!" yelled Bianca. "You and Henry are going to break up. One way or the other!" She pushed me. I was about to push back, but Henry picked me up and carried me away while I was swinging. Bianca and Chloe were laughing like a pack of hyenas.

"What were you thinking Char?" asked Henry. "You looked like a skinny little gorilla!" he laughed at his little joke, but he only earned a pinch in his side from me.