Chapter 26 In Her Arms

(Y/N) POV:

I was in that dark room again.. however the room started to change. I was soon brought Hometown but... distorted, changed... demolished. Buildings burnt with orange flames similar to the leaves on the trees, the sunset making even more of an orange hue. Among all the chaos I saw... them. Kris was fighting valiantly using a knife against the shadowy figure. They looked the same height almost. Kris then tried a downward slash but the shadow grabbed his arm and twisted making Kris lose grip of his knife. Immediately after the shadow drove it's knife right into Kris' chest. He fell limp. 

"Nooo!" I cried out before getting my grandfather's old switchblade out of my pocket. I flicked out the blade and charged but the shadow dodged and gave me a spin kick to the back of the head. I fell down and then the shadow picked me up with it's hand. I felt like I was being choked by Susie again. "AYE! Leave him the fuck alone!" Susie said tackling the shadow and then gasping. She stood up clutching her abdomen as the shadow backed off a bit. I fell from it's grip and saw blood dripping from the knife, Kris' blood and... Susie's. I was pissed. I ran at the shadow but it summoned something new. A massive blade and connected to it's side were two barrels resembling those of guns.

 A massive blade and connected to it's side were two barrels resembling those of guns

It was dark and shadowy but I noticed piercing blue markings on the sides. He fired at me, two bolts of hot blue plasma hitting me straight in the chest scorching my shirt and skin sending me flying backwards. Susie screamed and bared her teeth and claws like a beast attacking the shadow. She landed a few slashes but he soon parried with the blade and then stabbed Susie in the chest. I felt myself die slowly inside before he blasted her in the chest sending Susie off the sword and onto the ground. I cried and then watched as the shadow came over. He aimed the sword at my throat. "YOU WANNA DO IT?! YOU WANNA?! TAKE YOUR SHOT! TAKE YOUR FUCKING SHOT!" I said crying and sobbing.

I woke up and sighed. I had been getting these nightmares more and more often. I know it's nothing to be concerned about but with Monsters and all... maybe someone is stalking me or hates me. I got changed and went downstairs to get ready for school considering a good amount of the snow had melted over night.

(Timeskip)

Susie POV:

I walked out of class that morning and sighed. I had a bit of homework but nothing I couldn't handle... well math was a problem. I always had a struggle with it, it was like the numbers meant nothing and only made sense during basic multiplication and division as well as obviously adding and subtracting. I swear it's like learning another fuckin language. As I got to the door (Y/N) was there waiting for me. 

"Heh trying to follow me home freak?" I asked jokingly. "No, I would like to go to your house however. It seems nice you know" I replied. "Oh no dork you do not wanna go to my house. It's a fuckin dump" I chuckled at his idea. "No way I bet it's perfectly fine" He said smiling. "If ya insist" I replied rolling my eyes and then starting the walk to my house. "Alright and here's the freak show" I said showing (Y/N) my house. He saw a mostly usable staircase, minus a two step gap. There was a shitty couch with a couple stains, a old T.V, and also a couple tables. "Huh, not bad" He said taking his coat off. "Not bad? Pfft horrible is more like it" I said getting on the couch.

"How can it be so bad when you live here?" (Y/N) asked sitting on my lap and hugging me. "W-What are ya d-doing nerd?" I asked feeling my face heat up as he did this. "I wanna be held" He simply replied. I blushed and wrapped my arms around the human. His body felt warm and nice in contrast to my cold scales. I felt my tail start wagging making me blush more now. "Thanks Susie" He said smiling. "Susie I'm ho- oh did I come in at a bad time?" my dad asked. "Er-erm uh heh no n-not at all. Where were y-ya anyway you never even leave the house" I asked him. "Oh yes, I uhh... it's nothing important" He replied. "Uh you two kids have fun" He said before going upstairs.

"Your dad seems cool" (Y/N) said to me. "... yeah I guess" I replied trying to push the bad memories out of my head. "Hmm, well if you need to talk just say so Susie" (Y/N) said snuggling up against me and scratching my chin a bit. I blushed. "S-stooppp" I said hoping I wouldn't purr. "Why? Do you not like chin scratches?" He asked. "No it's just I mi-" I was cutoff as I started to purr. It was actually more of a low growl but it always happened when I was feeling good.

"Awwwwmygod that's adorable Susie!" (Y/N) said smiling. "Sh-*Purrr* shush uppp" I said purring and my tail wagging. "It's adorable though!" (Y/N) said hugging me. He finally stopped scratching my chin and I finally was able to talk without purring. "It ain't, ya on the other hand is another story" I said chuckling. "I am not adorable" He complained. "Heh yeah you are dork" I said before messing up his hair a bit. He just blushed and hugged me. "Heh alright I'll stop 'bullying' ya" I chuckled.

(Timeskip)

"Awww my parents want me home for dinner. Sorry Susie" (Y/N) said looking at his phone. "Alright" I said before planting a kiss on his cheek. "I love ya (Y/N)" I whispered. "Love you too Susie" He said before doing the same and leaving. "He seems like a keeper" I heard my dad say. "H-How long were ya watching?" I asked flustered. "Meh long enough to know I like the kid" My dad said with a smirk. "Uh heh glad ya do I guess" I said embarrassed still before turning on a show to watch.