Chapter 37 Evidence

(Y/N) POV:

I saw Noelle at the gate of the manor. "Noelle I need a favor" I said. "Huh oh (Y/N) uh what is it?" Noelle asked seeming a bit skittish. "I need you to run this through the town's DNA records" I told Noelle showing her the spray can. "I uh wait where did you get that?" Noelle asked. "Police station" I told her. "Well then that explains Susie's finger prints. Er uh not that I have them memorized but uh like heh I uh" She stopped. "Ermmmm right. Well that helps thanks. Odd you have that memorized but thanks" I said before running off to the apartments.

I reached the first witness and knocked on the door. This one was a male monster who was taller than I was. He was about as tall as Susie actually. "Excuse me sir I heard you were attacked by a purple reptilian monster?" I asked him. "Yea, now go away before I make ya" He said slamming the door. Seems like he wasn't one for talking. I sighed and then walked to the next house. I knocked on the door and then saw smaller monster. This one was female but seemed a bit beat up. "Hello miss have you ever seen a purple reptilian monster?" I asked. They seemed to shudder just at me mentioning. "Y-Yes yes I have. She scared me. Threatened me and beat me up" The monster said with a frail voice. "What did she say to you?" I asked. "She said that q-quiet people pissed her off, and that if I didn't hand over my c-cash she'd kick my ass. L-Luckily I kept my wallet" She told me. "Thank you that will be all" I said. The monster closed the door.

I walked to the next witness and then saw them walk out. "Hello there" He said. He was a scrawny looking monster with glasses, he was about my height. His glasses were intact but he had a big bruise near his eye and a few bandages. "Hi have you been approached by a purple reptilian monster?" I asked. "Yea I was. She was fucking insane! Tried to take my wallet. I did my best fighting to stop her but she ended up taking me down anyway" He said. "I see. did she say anything?" I asked the monster. "Well she said, uh excuse me" He said rubbing his eye. "She-" I started ignoring his sentence as I noticed his bruise seemed a bit.. smeared? "Uh excuse me if I may just" I quickly swiped at his bruise and the monster didn't shout in pain. Instead I looked down at my finger and saw the purple discoloring had just wiped off? It wasn't a bruise it was make up! I looked up seeming a bit pissed. "Alright bud what's the big idea?" I asked him. "I-I uh" He went to close the door but I grabbed his collar. "Quiet and listen. Take off the bandages" I demanded. 

The monster shook his head. "Do it or I'll make you need them" I threatened. He quickly nodded and took off the bandages showing no marks. "Who made you do this?" I asked him. "Someone payed me! I can't say who or they'll find me and then I'll really be in deep shit. Just please you have to understand" He told me. I let go of the monster and then dusted off his shirt. "Sorry for the intimidation have a good day sir" I said before the door was closed. "So he was bribed into this. I presume the other witnesses were too... who would want this?" I asked myself before starting to think. I looked up at the sky and saw it was getting dark out. Too late to think about it now. Right now I had to go back to the house and rest.

Susie POV:

I sighed as I looked out my cell bars and then laid down looking at the ceiling. I felt tears leak from my eyes a bit. "I... I thought he cared. I thought maybe he loved me or or atleast was my friend" I thought to myself as I wiped my eyes and laid down. I sighed as I then remembered something Ralsei had said. "If we just close our eyes, maybe we can see what they're doing right now". He told me that while we were separated from Kris. I sighed and closed my eyes. I saw nothing, just blackness... but I almost felt comforted. Like a similar comfort I would feel when I'm around (Y/N). I opened my eyes with a slight smile before then feeling myself slowly drift off to sleep.

Timeskip

I woke up and stretched, my back ached a little but to be honest it wasn't the worst sleep I've had. They called for breakfast and I followed all the other inmates to go grab one of the hot meals they had at the station. I honestly was surprised they hadn't just sent me straight over to juvie yet. I finished eating before Undyne walked to me. "Ya got another visitor" She told me before sipping some coffee. I wished I had some.

I walked into the booth and saw something surprising. "Dad?" I asked as I picked up the phone. "Hey Susie... Look I don't have the money to get you out unfortunately... However I will do my best to make some calls and get you out. Susie I'm so sorry this happened" My dad said. "It's okay dad it isn't your fault. And thanks for at least trying to get me out" I said with a slight smile. "I... I shouldn't have sent you out..." He then said. "Dad that was 6 years ago. It doesn't matter now" I lied. He just nodded. "Like I said I will get you out okay.." He told me. "Alright dad. Thanks for even coming to see me" I sighed. "Your welcome... and Susie just. Please stay safe" He told me. "I will, hell this isn't as bad as juvie" I said with a chuckle as he just looked down. "Sorry" I apologized. "It's okay Susie" He said before then putting a hand to the glass. "I'll see you soon but I have to go to work" He told me. "Alright. See ya after work" I told him.