25. Hunter Kingdom

Clayton's P.O.V

I sat up and looked around. "The scent is gone."

"What do you mean the scents gone. You had it an hour ago?"

I turned and looked a Colton. "It's gone. All I smell is....."

Before I could finish a bullet zoomed past my head. I looked blankly at the way it came then Colton tackled me to the ground as another one hit the tree directly behind me.

"Are you trying to get yourself killed?!" He yelled at me.

Crawling on the ground behind a tree
I leaned against it. "Dad, Moon Goddess, heavens please help."

Nothing. I got nothing. I haven't seen my dad in days. I looked at Levi and mom. "Do you guys have any idea where that came from?"

"Oh, maybe wonderland I don't know. Does it look like I know." My mom said sarcastically.

I rolled over and looked deep in the woods. A bullet missed me by an inch. I went back behind a tree. "We mean no harm!"

"State your purpose here!" A male voice yelled back.

"Lost campers. What's your purpose?"

"Hunting!"

Well shit, that's just great. "Can you not shoot us?"

"Come on out."

I looked around the corner and a male walked out. He was built very muscular. His gun was down and walking towards us. I got up and looked at him.

"Sorry about the son. Can't be to careful in these parts."

I nodded. "Yeah....why were you shooting at us?"

He looked at my dad then to my mom, then back my dad. "Hello."

Something wasn't right here.

"Sorry for shoot'n at ya. My apologies."

My dad partly smiled. "It's....fine. What are you hunting?"

"Wolves."

Crap.

My dad laughed. "Wolves? I didn't know wolves were around here?"

The man laughed. "Not any kind of wolves. Werewolves. I here there's a few around here and I wanted to see for myself."

My mom laughed. "Werewolves aren't real. Are you high?"

The man shook his head. "You may not believe me but I know it. They are real. My grandaddy shot one before."

"Suppose they are real, how are you suppose to....you know. Kill it and stuff."

"I have these special silver bullets. Wanna see?"

Levi put his hands up. "I'm not comfortable with holding anything to do with guns."

He looked at me and squinted. "Wanna hold it?"

I was about to answer but my mom budded in. "I will. "

He took it out his pocket and put it in her hand. I looked closely and it wasn't touching her hand but slightly hovering to look like she was holding it. She gave it back to him and nodded. "Pretty cool. Now how do you get to town?"

"It's about 3 miles out. I can give you a ride?"

Hesitantly Levi nodded.

.

.

.

.

'This was a bad idea. He could be taking us to more of his people's.' I linked Colton.