My Greatest Creation!

Note: Wattpad is being weird with the spacing. I'll fix it when ever I can.

"It always gets worse."

Shikamaru enters the Uzumaki residence. The first thing he hears is the crying. Himawari Uzumaki weeps in the arms of Hanabi who herself is holding back tears. Shikamaru enters his friend's room. There is a hole in the floor where equipment is store. He knew to who this belongs.

Naruto sits on his bed, staring at the secret compartment. Ino walks to Shikamaru. She seems flabbergasted herself.

"Appears our fears are true. It's her."

Shikamaru sighs. "Goddammit."

He walks over to Naruto. The Hokage holds a mask, one he kept staring at. His eyes are dull and lifeless. Upon closer inspection, it seems like he was crying. Naruto speaks up in a croaky voice.

"It can't be her. Shikamaru, tell me it's not her." There is defeat in the Hokage's tone.

Seeing him like this broke Shikamaru's heart. One of his best friends was broken and defeated. Just like when Jiraiya was slain, and how he lost his son.

Naruto looks back down at the mask. No light radiated from him. He is completely despondent.

Ino whispers to Shikamaru. "Let's give him some space."

Both leave the room and stood in the living room.

"Shikamaru we need to act."

"Yeah, I know. The museum, Hinata, Sarada-"

"That's what I'm worried about. Sarada. Have you seen Sasuke anywhere?"

"N-no. Have you asked Sakura?"

"She's gone too!"

"What? If word gets out that Sasuke gone rogue, the alliance will declare him a criminal!"

"I know. Which is why we need to act. NOW."

Sounds came from the fridge. Clings and tings. Naruto is there grabbing and throwing stuff to the ground.

"Uh... Lord Seven?"

"Wrong. Try again." A different voice came out of Naruto.

Shikamaru and Ino look closer and notice some changes. His eyes are red and his pupils stilted, his nails and teeth were longer and sharper. Naruto's whisker-like marks on his cheeks are wider and thicker.

"Are you... the Nine-Tails?" Ino questions.

"Yes." Kurama delivers a twisted smile.

"Why are you out? What happened to Naruto?" Shikamaru asks.

"Naruto is in a state of anguish. He didn't want to move or talk, so I took control. Did you know he hadn't eaten properly in days? He's overworked. I am doing him a favor, and I'm feeding him. To be honest, I have no choice. I live here."

"Can you... bring him back?"

"Can't. His psyche is buried in the dark corners of his soul. And he doesn't want to get out. Shut himself away."

"What? No! We need him!"

"Shame."

Kurama grabs a chunk of meat on the fridge holding it with a puzzled stare. He walks over to the stove. "How do I turn this on? Bah, forget it." He spits fire onto the stove setting it ablaze. At that point, he throws the meat on the now raging fire.