Collapse

"Come on, come on, over here girl." Shikadai held hay in his hand trying to lure a Cow into its sheds. But the Cow wasn't moving, it was standing there enjoying the breeze. "Move you stupid Cow," Shikadai growled in frustration.

The Cow gazes at Shikadai with its black eyes making Shikadai fall silent. She stood there unmoving, staring at him. Shikadai felt uneasy, deep down he knew that it was judging him.

Sarada watches from afar, using a piece of cloth to cover her hand. Her mind was unsteady, voices shrieking at her. She tries her best to control herself, not to break in front of everyone.

Yui sits next to Sarada curious on her hand.

"What happened to your hand?"

"Nothing" Sarada coldly responded.

"But it wasn't like that when we met."

"I said its nothing." Sarada refuses to look at Yui. She might seem innocent, but she was an Academy member, with just that Yui was in Sarada's bad side.

"What's Konoha like." Sarada scoffs at Yui's question.

"Why do you care?"

"I always wanted to visit Konoha. But we were never allowed to leave the Academy."

Sarada didn't care what Yui wanted, however, she was interested in the information Yui had on the Academy.

"The Academy, how do they function?"

"It's like a moving village. Hundreds of people gather and move together. Once in a while we settle down and enjoy the environment."

"Impossible! Other villages would have noticed the mass of people moving around."

"I don't know. We never encounter any trouble during our travels." Sarada wasn't satisfied with that answer so pressed further.

"The Mutants, how are they created?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know? You're part of the Academy." Sarada raising tone cause Yui to flinch back.

"...I'm sorry..." Sarada finally looks at Yui and notices her crying.

"W- why are you crying?"

"I didn't mean to... I shouldn't have... I'm trying to communicate but you're making it difficult. Why?"

Sarada was baffled, she never made anyone cry. She felt like she needed to do something, but she didn't know how.

A glinting light slightly blinded Sarada, when she looks to the sky a flare was drifting in the air.

"That must be from the camp!" Yui notes.

"Yui, you stay here while-"

Yui dashes through the trees leaving the Konoha Shinobi behind.

"Dammit!" Sarada and Shikadai give chase.

Yui was surprisingly fast, so fast that they can barely catch up. The air around grew in temperature and the view in front of them turns a ghastly orange. They reached the camp now in flames. The fires were spreading to the brimming forest.

Shikadai spots Yui in the middle of the dirt road, helping an ill man get to his feet.

"Easy Mizura-San, where's your cane?"

The Konoha Shinobi land in front of them, Mizura reacting on instinct assumed a defensive stance prepare to protect Yui. Once he notices Sarada's headband he lowered his guard.