Origins Pt.2

"I'm here to interpret since I'm not allowed to do anything else," Barchiel explains.

Sarada and Sumire glance expressions at each other; both were confused and alarmed.

"So, is this book useless now?"

"No, no, no. The stone will still give you power. And I know you're after power, so keep it."

"Still clueless here," Sumire shouts.

Sarada thinks about what Barchiel said earlier. "Manifold Engine... Is that what they're after? What is it?"

"The Gelel King's throne. In short, think of it as a supercomputer. But instead of automatic sequences of arithmetic or logical operations, it's paracasual."

"What?" Both girls confusedly mutter.

Barchiel simplifies it further. "The power to create. From idea to material. For example, if the one sitting on the throne decides to create a brand-new fruit. Unseen in the complete history of this planet. With a simple thought, it's possible."

"So, this throne can create anything."

"Somewhat correct. I skipped a lot of information."

"But why does the Academy want it?" Sarada questions.

Sumire crosses her arms and scoffs. "Probably to reach their end goal faster. Whatever that is."

"The Uzumaki Design." Sarada realizes.

"Correct. They have been toiling to finish this project of theirs. With the Manifold Engine, they can achieve their ambitions." Barchiel turns around. "I must take my leave. Don't want to break the agreement. If you have any questions, simply mutter my name and I'll appear."

Barchiel disappears in a blink of an eye. Sarada and Sumire remain in the room. They could feel the awkwardness between them. Sumire crosses her arms and glares at Sarada.

"Care to explain now?"

Growing annoyed, Sarada tells Sumire of the events this past week.

"So I'm here," Sumire mutters to herself. She looks out the window, examining the camp the clones have made for themselves.

"Don't get any ideas. I want to extract as much information as I can."

"Don't assume. If what you say is correct, then things are more complicated than anticipated." Sumire ponders. "People departing the Elemental Villages to form a Hidden Village of their own. How desperate are they?"

"There are many pieces to the puzzle. And after so long now they're falling into place. But to continue..." Sarada groans but swallows her anger. "We need to work together."

"You don't seem fond of the idea."

"You betrayed Konoha. Betrayed Lord Seventh. Betrayed Boruto. So no, I'm not fond of working with someone as cruel as you." Sarada scolds. "But I'll push our animosity aside. I hate the Academy more."

Sumire glares. "Hmph. Agreed." She waves her hand and summons her mask on her palm. "I have experience in infiltration. I'll sneak into the Academy's main building. You stay here with the clones. Someone has to know something."

"I'm not staying here."

"They know you. Seems to have developed a kinship for you. Use it to your advantage."

Sumire also summons a coat and quickly wraps it around her. She jumps out the window and dashes towards the principal city.

Sarada shouts out the window. "Wait! Don't go yet- Dammit, that bitch."