Moving On

Before you start reading I would like to note something. I have never watched the Boruto series(It never grabbed my interest). I know about the ghost storyline and something about Boruto's eye but that's about it. There's one element I'm borrowing from the show and that is in this chapter. So if something doesn't link up to the show that's your reason why. Think of it as an AU (for now). So enough pissing off Boruto fans, it's time to get to the story!

All that she could see was darkness, surrounded by what felt like the void. She noticed that she was walking on what appeared to be water. The still water was emitting a faint light which allowed her to see. She walked for what it felt like hours, trying to find anyone or anything. Where is she? How did she get here? What was happening? These were the questions she was asking herself. Giving up she fell to her knees, she just wanted this to be over.

"Sarada...?"

That voice, that voice she missed so much. One she hasn't heard in forever. She could hear footsteps coming from her right, the ripples in the water became more apparent as the voice came closer. From out of the darkness came out a young boy with long blond hair. He was beaten and bruised with multiple kunai's stabs in his body. He also had what appeared to be black metal rods in his back. Boruto was wobbling towards her.

"Boruto?! BORUTO!"

Sarada stood up and ran towards him, extending her arm trying to reach him. Sarada had tears in her eyes, she's so close, she could save him. Have him at her side again. Before she reached him, his body gave out, and he drops down into the water. Sarada tried to grab him, but she was too late, Boruto began to sink. She pressed her hand into the water trying to get through but the water didn't move, only forming small ripples.

Frustrated, she punched the water hoping it eventually breaks. Nothing happened. She launched her other fist hitting the water, having no effect. Sarada continued to punch the water trying to get to him, to save him. She momentarily stops as she felt something break in her left hand, but then she continued ignoring the pain.

Sarada stops and watches as Boruto sinks to the bottom then disappears into the light. Defeated she let the tears fall, she gave a quick glance at her hands, they were bruised and bloody, but she didn't care. She failed him.

Sarada looked up, she noticed that the void was moving. It was moving like a fog getting closer and closer. Panicking she stood and ran in the other direction but was frozen in place when she noticed the fog was right behind. Surrounded, Sarada tried to activate her Sharingan, a sharp pain entered her eyes, stopping her. Black flames formed burning her skin just by its presence. Sarada heard laughter coming from the flames, she spotted red eyes staring at her, looking at her like prey.

The eyes grew then a mouth formed, the face looked melted similarly to demons. From the flames a giant hand construct grabbed her. Surprisingly she wasn't feeling the flames nor can feel the heat anymore. Even with broken hands, she tried to break free only to fail. She looked back at the construct and was horrified. The construct formed the rest of its form revealing Sarada's own face. The construct was made from the black fire, had Sarada's head but her face was melted, it's eye and mouth was glowing red.

Sarada had tears in her eyes unable to do anything as she waited for something to happen as the construct stared at her. The construct propelled forward taking a biting Sarada's entire upper frame causing blood to spill everywhere.

Sarada woke up, she looked at her surroundings, she quickly realized that she was in her room. Sarada laid back on her bed and took a deep breath. Another nightmare. Off the bed, she headed for the bathroom getting ready for the day. When she opened the door she saw a white snake entering through her window. Scared Sarada yelled tripping upon herself trying to get some distance.