New Home

The Konoha Shinobi continue to travel across the Land of Fire hoping to reach the Village in the sunrise. They were all beaten, bruised and filled with anxiety. Konohamaru was still holding Sarada's hand with Mitsuki close behind them. Team 10 runs near them looking over their shoulders for Hoshi soldiers. The kids in specific were fidgety. Moegi took notice, she moves next to Konohamaru and whispers to him.

"Konohamaru looks at the kids, they need to rest."

Konohamaru glace at the kids and comes to the same conclusion. He speaks to the group.

"Let's take a breather."

"We can't. Hoshigakure could be right behind us." Shikadai in distress.

"Easy. We have been running for hours now, we've likely lost them by now."

Konohamaru sits next to a tree prompting everyone else to the same thing. While everyone sat together Sarada went to the side sitting alone. Konohamaru sighs, he stood up then sits next to her.

"How are you doing Little Rose?"

Sarada scoffs. The attempt on charm from Konohamaru's part made Sarada groan. But Sarada couldn't resist it, cracking a small smile. She wasn't a fan of the name her teacher gave.

Konohamaru notes Sarada still bloody hand. He grabs her hand and begins channeling water on his other hand. Using the water, Konohamaru washes the blood away.

"Let's hope you didn't receive any diseases because of this."

Sarada remained silent. Once Konohamaru finishes she spoke.

"Konoha-sensei, have you ever killed anyone?"

"Believe it or not, I've never killed anyone during my career. So I can't tell what you're going through."

Sarada curls into a ball.

"You did what you had to. No one will fault you for it."

"Konohamaru, come over here." Moegi waves at him.

Konohamaru moves to leave Sarada alone. Her thoughts were there yelling at her. Mitsuki sits next to her interrupting the emotional anguish.

"I want to thank you for saving us earlier. We-"

Sarada broke into tears confusing Mitsuki.

"D-did I say something?" Mitsuki questions in a panic.

"I'm sorry..." Sarada mutters.

"Huh?"

"...I lied."

"Lied? Lie about what?"

"I can't... I can't control my eyes."

"What are you talking about?"

"When I awakened the Mangekyō Sharingan I received a power that-" Sarada chokes on her words. "Papa didn't know what it was. He trained me, taught me how to manage the Sharingan and Mangekyō Sharingan. One day, we decided to explore my abilities. I lost control and I... I..."

Mitsuki places his hand on Sarada's shoulders.

"My parents were panicking. They were going to ask for outside help but then, you woke up."

Mitsuki jarred. He didn't want to remember his rampage at the hospital.

"After the ruckus, you caused people to began harassing you. They worried that I'll receive the same treatment once word got out. So they decided its best to keep it a secret. I didn't want to leave you but I was afraid. I don't want to be criticized again."