Origins Pt.1

The Suna trio stands inside a destroyed building.

Water drips on the holes in the ceilings. Vegetation and dust cover everything. By some miracle, several electronics were still on.

The group passes a group of animals on the way here. It was surreal for them to see goats and cows wandering inside a building. This used to be a place where Humans worked.

"Damn."

Mujaki wonders. "I ponder what Yukata sensei would say after seeing all of this."

"She would yell at us for leaving the village."

"Yeah..."

A goat walks into the office. It's brown with yellow eyes and larger than average horns. The goat stares at them cheeping them out.

Shepherd

"D-Did it just-"

Sacrifice

"W-what?!"

"Somehow, a talking goat isn't the weirdest thing we found during this trip."

She is coming. Hide.

"What? Who?"

Hide

Their instincts kick in. Telling them to hide as if a predator is near. They scramble and move in different directions.

Mujaki and Yūzai run inside a hole in the wall, while Samayō uses chakra threads to lift herself up. She dangles on the ceiling while looking down to see who's coming.

And something indeed comes.

A being made of black liquid resembling a version two Jinchūriki, wearing long, crumbling robes and flying overhead. Charred bones coat its frail body, bull skull as a helmet, eight tails on the lower back. Its fingers glow bright blue with the rest of the hand looking like dry earth, the light-emitting from the cracks.

The slim creature smiles seeing the goat eat grass from the floor.

"Fascinating. This is a... goat. I remember encountering these creatures. Be that as it may, encountering it from different eyes is truly something. I wonder about whether my Lady would feel the equivalent."

The walls crack.

The creature snaps her gaze seeking the source of the sound. She floats around searching and listening. Her eyes wander across the cracks on the walls.

Samayō hangs on the ceiling, already tired from holding herself up. Sweat builds up rolling down to her chin. It falls and hits the ground.

The Creature turns sternly its suspicious gaze.

Samayō gasps. She throws herself upward and through the ceiling. Debris falls to the ground and shatter.

The Black Creature didn't see exactly what it was, but she knew something is up there. She points at the ceiling her liquid-like hand wobbles. The bull skull rattles to reveal a crimson third eye on the forehead.

"Amatera-"

"Are you willing to burn down the building over hunch?"

Barchiel sits on an office chair. The creature is amazed seeing her in front of her. The third eye closes leaving no hint of it.

"Barchiel!? Your... more amazing in person!"

Barchiel blushes. "Oh! You didn't say that earlier."