Devil's Ravine

A large Hawk flies through the air carrying Sasuke on top. The Hawk lands at the ground and Sasuke drops down, he nods at the Hawk and it dispelled. Sasuke walks towards a building that was hiding in the ground, he encounters a large door at the entrance. The building appears to be abandoned, so using his Rinnegan he pushes the door with a repulsive force shattering it to pieces. The hallways were filled with vegetation and cracked walls. Sasuke entered a room with a large computer that was left on, signs that someone was here.

He interacted with the computer, whoever was here was observing the recent login. A blade was placed against Sasuke neck, the assailant whispered into his ear.

"Can't you go through the door like a normal person?" Sasuke dismisses the question. Lightning flows through his body electrocuting the assailant. He looks at him with a disappointing look while he recovers.

"Ever heard that putting a knife against someone's neck is not the best way to say hello." Sasuke continues to look down at the man known as the Second Coming of the Demon. His friend Suigetsu Hōzuki. Karin enters the room and saw Suigetsu on the ground.

"Dammit, Sasuke you scared the hell out of me!" Karin walks over to the computer completely ignoring Suigetsu.

"You three are hiding. Why?"

"It's because of that damn snake Orochimaru! When he disappeared we took the heat. This only place we can get some peace and quiet. I should never have trusted him. Why did I even came back here in the first place?"

"Karin it's okay, things will get better." Sasuke places his hand on her shoulder, she pushes it away and crosses her arms.

"Just tell us what the Village wants."

"I come here on my own, no involvement with the Village. I just wanted to ask for your help."

"Help? With what?"

"I've been assigned a mission. Investigate an anomaly. Possibly another Otsutsuki."

"You gotta be kidding me! Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse. Why do you need us?"

"The last time I did a mission like this I able to handle it just fine. But now with Sarada's condition... I'm afraid to leave her alone."

"Sarada... how is she doing?" Karin was concern about her, she wishes she could be there for her.

"She alright, as far as I know. Watching her grow is extraordinary."

"That's good to hear."

"I thought having you guys by my side I'll have more time to be with her." Karin chuckled.

"I remember how nervous you were while Sakura was pregnant with Sarada. Now it seems like you quickly got the hang of it. I'll join you and I'm sure the others will too."

Suigetsu mutters under his breath still knockout on the ground. Karin begins to nurse him with Sasuke overlooking them. He cracked a smile, remembering the moments with his team. The good, the bad, all flashed through his mind. Things changed now, he knew that. He was going, to be honest with himself, he's excited to see where this go.

~~===X===~~

Shikamaru was waiting in the Hokage Office waiting for Naruto. He heard that he needed to say something important to him. The door opens and several men enter the room but to Shikamaru surprise, it wasn't Naruto. The Daimyo steps forward confronting Shikamaru.

"Where's Naruto?"

"He's... busy right now." Shikamaru didn't even know why he was defending him. Naruto probably conspired with the other Hokage and set him up.