Future Plans

"Your shinobi careers are over."

Shikamaru has his hand on his face, angry and disappointed at his son's action. Shikadai remained quiet, knowing full well this was coming. Mitsuki had awakened from his coma and was catching up to what had happened since then. Sarada is sitting next to Mitsuki with her arms crossed. Despite being kidnapped she was still roped into this verbal tirade.

Naruto enters the tent with Sakura. And behind them was a face they hadn't seen in a while.

"Anko sensei?"

"It's been a while." Anko had lost a lot of weight since entering back into service. The kids almost didn't recognize her. "Nice to see you've grown into a capable ninja. Well, were."

Naruto steps forward. "Anko will escort you all back to the village. We will discuss what happened when this is over."

"Are we discharged?" Sarada bluntly asks.

Naruto remains silent.

"Answer me, dammit!" Sarada growls.

Naruto is taken aback and Sakura is shocked. Sarada realizes what she said and groans.

"I'm sorry, I'm just... I just..."

"It's okay. Go home and rest." Naruto calmly replies.

The kids stood and left with Anko close by them. Sumire stays behind to chat with Naruto.

"What about me?" She questions.

"You're case is... weird. I've talked to those in the village, and we agreed not to extend your sentence." Sumire is relieved, and Naruto continues. "The information you gather has helped us greatly. So leave the rest to us."

Sumire nods. "Thank you, Lord Seven."

Sumire leaves the tent and regroups with the others.

Sasuke is sitting to the side studying the Gelel Spellbook. He sees his daughter leaving and preparing to leave so he decides to talk to her.

"Sarada?"

"Huh? Papa?"

"I've... heard what happened."

"Ahh..." Sarada looks down at the ground dejected.

"It's okay. I'm sure things will turn out alright." Sasuke tries to reassure her.

"How is my fault? I didn't come voluntarily. And I lost my career. How am I going to be Hokage now? And this stupid seal-"

Sasuke hugs Sarada calming her down. "It'll be fine."

Sarada lets go and then notices the gelel book she gave to him. "Did you have any luck with it?"

"Nothing. I can't understand anything written here. I haven't heard any spirits. And my Rinnegan can't decipher any secrets."

"I see..." Sarada ponders when Sasuke puts a hand on her shoulder.

"Go home, Sarada. We'll finish this war."

Sarada shakes her head but keeps quiet. "Come home safely, Papa."

"I will. I promise."

Sarada joins the others as they prepare to depart the battlefield. In the back of her mind, she can hear the voices. She didn't have the book yet she still hears them. Sarada shakes her head trying to focus on the future.

~~===X===~~

The Kage rested in a large tent after a long journey. They were shocked by the developments inside the Sound Village and heartbroken once they saw the battlefield. The news that supposed gods had come to the land is bewildering to them.