Smart Guy...

Rolling over onto her stomach, Charlotte stretched and then sighed in contentment. Burying her face in the pillows, she took a deep breath and smiled at the lingering scent of her husband.
       “You’re still not up?” Phil’s voice chuckled from the doorway. Charlotte’s head snapped up as she let out a little scream of surprise. When she woke up to a silent house, she had assumed that Phil was gone to work already. She hadn’t known that he was still there. Phil laughed at her surprised face and sat down on the side of the bed, next to her.
       “I thought you were at work already!” She exclaimed, slapping his chest for frightening her. He grabbed her wrist before she could land the blow and grinned at her.
       “I have orders not to come in today. So I’m all yours.” He whispered to her, drawing her close to him. She smiled sweetly at him as she tried to wrap her free arm around his waist, only to have that one captured as well.
       “Lucky me” She replied as he pulled her closer to him.
       When they finally got out of bed, it was much later in the day. Charlotte sat up and looked around their room.
       “Phil” She said, looking back at him lying on the bed. He looked at her and smiled in response. “Have you seen my underwear?” she asked, continuing to look around the room.
       “I would guess that they are in your dresser.” He murmured, Charlotte sighed and shook her head a bit. Turning she sent him a look that demanded seriousness.
       “The pair I was wearing last night, smart guy.” She scolded, as he sat up and began to help her look for them. Charlotte sighed in defeat and flopped back onto the bed. As she fell back, something caught her eye. With a gasp, her hand flew to her mouth. Phil turned to look at her.
       “I found them…” She pointed to the ceiling fan that was hanging above their bed. Phil looked up to see a scrap of pink lace peeking out from over the edge of one of the ceiling fan blades. Phil erupted into laughter and was soon joined by his blushing wife. They lay in each other’s arms laughing for a few more minutes before they got up and headed for the bathroom.
       Phil started the water in the shower and stepped inside when he had adjusted the temperature. Peering back out at his wife to see if she was coming, he was met by an upturned nose and a sly smile.
       “I took a shower last night.” She told him as she made to walk by the shower. His eyes narrowed and his hands shot out and grabbed her small form by the waist, dragging her, squealing, into the stream of hot water with him. She was laughing when he finally got her all the way into the shower.
       Walking into the kitchen Charlotte looked at the clock on the wall. It was just after noon, so it was no use making breakfast, but she didn’t feel like lunch. Settling for a breakfast and dinner cross, she got out steaks and began to slice potatoes. She put them in the frying pan and turned the stove on.
       “If you want to eat you won’t.” she said calmly as she stirred the potatoes. A chuckle came from behind her and soon enough her husband’s arms wrapped themselves around her waist.
       “I wasn’t going to scare you.” He murmured in her ear. She tried to hold back a snort, but failed and started giggling.
       “You are terrible!” She giggled, turning to face him. They stood there for a minute, her head on his chest and his head on top of hers. Finally, Charlotte turned and put the steaks on the stove top griddle and Phil stirred the potatoes. When their food was done they sat at the table together and enjoyed each other’s company in silence.
       They washed the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen. When the kitchen was clean they walked, hand in hand, into the living room.
       “What movie shall we watch?” Phil asked. Charlotte held back a giggle. She knew what he wanted to watch, but he was trying to be a gentleman and let her chose.
       Pushing her husband down onto the couch, she walked over to the TV and put in a movie.
       “What did you put in?” Phil asked as she sat down in his lap and pulled a blanket over them both. The movie started and she grinned. It was one of the many Capitan America movies that Phil had collected.
       “This is why I love you.” He murmured in her ear, his eyes glued to the TV already. Charlotte giggled and kissed him on the cheek.
       “No it isn’t.” She retorted, “But I’m sure it is a nice bonus.”
       Several hours later they had watched three of the Capitan America videos and it was starting to get dark. They were about to start another movie when Phil’s cell went off.
       Walking into the kitchen, Phil answered it. After a few minutes he came back into the living room. From the look on his face, Charlotte knew what he was about to say. When they got together they had both agreed that there were things that they couldn’t share with each other and they were ok with it. They had a great relationship and they wanted to keep it that way.
       “Just go.” She sighed, turning off the TV. Phil looked helplessly at her; she smiled at him to let him know it was ok. He left the room and a few minutes later he came out wearing his suit that he wore to work.
       Charlotte met him at the door with a travel mug of coffee, just the way he liked. He kissed her and she sighed deeply.
       “If it’s not one of us it’s the other one.” She joked softly to him. 
       “I’m sorry.” He whispered in her ear. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him down for another kiss.
       “Get going before you get in trouble.” She said as she walked onto the porch with him. She smacked him bottom as he turned and he froze and turned to look at her. She knew that look and giggled. She raced for the door and shut it quickly while saying.
       “Ok! Bye! Got to go to bed so I can work tomorrow! Love You!!!”