Like A Pro...

A Room on the Shield Helicarrier, with an adjoining room, was provided and all of Charlotte and Phil’s things were moved into it. Once she and the babies were released they took up vacancy.
        The babies’ room was furnished in new furniture, compliments of Tony Stark, in blue and pink. Tony was proud of his god child. It was enough when he found out that one of Phil’s children had been named after him, but when he found out that Charlotte wanted him to be godfather to that child, he wanted just about everything to do with his god-son.
        The triplets were a week old when they met Capitan America for the first time. Charlotte was in her room. She was sitting on her bed and the triplets were lying around her on the bed. She loved being a mother and she loved all three of her children, more than anything in the world.
        She was sitting on the bed with Sarah Ann in her arms and Philip and Anthony lying on either side of her on the bed. Charlotte cooed at Sarah in her arms. Sarah smiled at her mother.
        “You look just like your daddy when you smile little girl.” Charlotte cooed at her daughter. A knock on the door interrupted her talk with her daughter.
        Charlotte looked up to see someone she hadn’t seen in a while. A smile lit up her face, but she was kept from jumping up by her children surrounding her on the bed.
        “Steve” She cried happily as the man stepped into the room and walked over to the bed. He smiled politely until he caught sight of the babies on the bed, then his face split into a genuine smile as he gazed down at the family on the bed. 
        “Who do we have here?” He asked as he smiled down at Philip, who just happened to be the closest to the side of the bed that he was standing on. Charlotte smiled up at his expression as she introduced Steve to her children.
        “This is Sarah Ann,” she held the baby in her arms out for Steve to see her better. The little girl looked up at Steve and blinked. Steve laughed at her.
        “I don’t think she is impressed.” He chuckled at the baby girl. Charlotte smiled and looked over to Anthony who had just started to fuss. Charlotte set Sarah down on the bed in between her legs and reached over to pick up Anthony.
        “And this is Anthony James.” Charlotte giggled as Steve arched an eyebrow at the child’s clothing. A miniature, custom made, suit was covering the baby and it reminded Steve of Tony Stark easily.
        “Tony is very proud of his god-son.” Charlotte giggled again as Steve grinned and shook his head at the sight. At that moment Philip Steven started crying at full tilt. Charlotte frowned as she tried to calm Anthony enough to set him down, but he wasn’t having any of that.
        “Looks like you need another pair of arms.” Steve grinned again as he reached down and scooped Philip up in his arms. The baby stopped crying instantly and looked up to see who it was that had a hold of him. After examining Steve for a moment, Philip decided that he liked this new person that had him and was soon snuggled deep into Steve’s arms and fast asleep.
        “I would say he likes you.” Charlotte said, a smile on her face as she thought of the decision she had come to earlier. Steve found a chair to sit in and sat there for hours visiting with Charlotte and her offspring. When Charlotte asked him to be Philip’s god-father he was unsure at first, afraid that he was not the right choice to raise the boy if something happened to his parents. Charlotte assured him that she was sure she had made the right decision and that she knew Phil would want it this way.
        Steve looked down at his new god-son, proud to the core at the tiny boy. He wouldn’t be small forever and as he grew up, Steve would be sure that he had all the father-figure attention he could ever want. Steve would make sure to always be there for him, as much as he could anyways. The future was not certain and no one could be certain of anything at all. The best that anyone could do was take the time given with those they loved and treasure it as a gift.
        As the thoughts crossed his mind, he stared amazed at what he had just realized. He stood up slowly and placed the sleeping baby boy in his cradle next to his mother’s bed. Charlotte saw the look on his face and smiled brighter as he made his excuses and turned to leave.
        “Steve” she murmured, causing Steve to turn to see what she wanted. She smiled softly at him with a knowing look in her eyes.
        “Do you love her?” she asked him, holding back a giggle when he seemed surprised that she knew what was on his mind.
        “How did you…?” Steve asked, almost un-certain.
        “Lots of things have changed in sixty years, but not that…” Charlotte winked at him encouragingly, “That one remains the same no matter what century it is.”
        Steve grinned brightly at Charlotte before leaving, his mind on one thing now. He just hoped it wasn’t too late.
                                *****
        Director Nick Fury stood in front of the large monitor, listening to the report that his agent had put together for him.
        Marcus Deberaough was dead. He had been killed by a helicopter crash that had been organized by one of his many enemies. His employees had all gone their separate ways, not wanting anything more to do with anything involving him at all. Nick nodded at his agent briefly, knowing that was all there was to it.
                                *****
        It was dark in the babies’ room. All three of them were finally sound asleep after a long time of feeding them and rocking them to sleep, one by one.
        Charlotte was so tired that she just wanted to go to bed and steal as much sleep in the next couple hours before one or all of the triplets woke up hungry for food. The Shield nurse that had assisted her with taking care of the triplets throughout the day insisted otherwise. She insisted that Charlotte take her time to shower and wash her hair, shave her legs and freshen herself up as much as she could and then she would be able to relax more easily. Charlotte tried to protest, saying that the extra sleep would be better, but the nurse was having none of that and an hour and a half Charlotte was fresh and clean, dressed into a pair of black shorts and one of Phil’s old white t-shirts.
        The nurse left and Charlotte crawled into bed, asleep before her head hit the pillow.
        It had been a couple hours since then. The helicarrier was mostly quiet; a small ruckus earlier had woken Charlotte briefly, a small jet landing on the deck above. She sighed deeply, wanting to just go back to sleep, but knowing she should check on the triplets.
        Charlotte rose and looked at the clock next to her bed. It was nearly three in the morning. It was strange; at least one of the triplets woke up at about eleven, wanting to be fed. Charlotte frowned as she heard the creak of the rocking chair in the triplet’s room. No one came into the room when she was sleeping.
        Fear rose in Charlotte’s heart as she gripped her old baseball bat, why she had brought it on the helicarrier, she was not sure, but right at the moment, it seemed like she had made the right choice.
        She peered around the corner of the room and into the room. A tall figure stood over Philip’s cradle, placing the tiny person, gently, into the crib once again. Charlotte gripped the bat as she crept forward as the figure moved to peer into Sarah’s crib. Charlotte froze as she heard a familiar voice murmuring softly to the baby, who had woken up and started fussing for her meal.
        “Shhh… Wont you let mommy sleep for a little while longer baby girl? She is exhausted from catering to you and your brothers.” The figure chuckled and Charlotte trembled at the sound of it, not able to believe who she thought it was.
        Sarah looked up at the figure for a moment before sending up an almost ear splitting squall, determined to tell this person that she was the one in charge here, not him. He chuckled again as he lifted her into his arms and stepped to the side to light a small lamp nearby.
        The light illuminated his face and the bat dropped from Charlotte’s grip, bringing attention to her. Phil smirked as he saw the bat on the floor, but then winced as the noise of it hitting the floor woke Philip up and he started crying. Charlotte blinked and rushed to gather Philip in her arms, speaking soft words to soothe him and stop his crying. After all three of the babies were fed and tucked back into their crib, Phil ushered Charlotte out of the room and into theirs.
        He turned and looked down at Charlotte, who stood there trembling as she just stared at him. He couldn’t take it anymore and he grabbed her and pulled her into his arms, holding her tightly. Charlotte’s body shook with sobs as she clung to him, determined to not let go of him ever again. Phil murmured soft, meaningless, words to her as he comforted her. He lifted her into his arms, careful of the area that was still healing from the C-section and carried her to the bed. He laid her under the covers and, as soon as he had stripped down to his boxers, joined her.
        “Come here sweetheart” He whispered to her softly as he gathered her close to him and held her tight. Charlotte wrapped her arms around him and would not let go of him. When she had calmed down they lay there and got re-acquainted with each other.
        Phil caressed her cheek and then reached down to raise her chin to make her look up at him.
        “You are amazing Charlotte. Our children are beautiful. You did an amazing job and I love you so much more than I can ever tell you.” He murmured to her, looking into her eyes to tell her what his words could not. Charlotte buried her tearful face into his chest, unable to believe that he was back and he was going to stay.
        It was after sunrise when the triplets decided that it was time to get their parents up. Anthony was the first to start crying and the other two soon followed.
        Phil groaned at the sound and rolled over as Charlotte crawled out of bed and went to change them. After Sarah was changed and had a fresh onesie on, Charlotte wrapped her in a pink blanket and carried her to the bed she had left Phil in. she shook Phil awake again and waited as he turned onto his back. He was stopped from sitting up when Charlotte laid the small bundle on his chest, resting in the crook of Phil’s left arm. Sarah sniffled a little bit and then curled into the warmth of her father, content to wait for her breakfast.
        Charlotte went back into the other room and did the same for Philip, bringing him into his parent’s room and placed him in the crook of Phil’s right arm. Phil narrowed his eyes playfully.
        “The only reason you keep me around is to be a pre-heated baby warmer isn’t it?” he asked, teasing him wife playfully before she could turn back. Charlotte giggled at the thought and leaned over to kiss him sweetly.
        “Now you’re getting the idea husband of mine.” She teased back as she turned to go get the, now screaming, Anthony.
        “You are going to be just like your God-father aren’t you little sir?” She smiled at her son and she changed him and scooped him up to bring him with her into her room.
        Charlotte grabbed three ready-made bottles and took them with her. After setting two bottles on Phil’s chest so Sarah and Philip could eat, Charlotte settled in the rocking chair next to the bed and began feeding Anthony.
        About half way through the bottle a soft knock on the door roused Charlotte from her seat. She went to the door and opened it to see none other than Nick Fury standing there. Nick nodded at Charlotte, who smiled slightly in return.
        “I came to see how Agent Coulson was taking to the family life and to tell him that as soon as the house is cleaned out, you guys will be able to move back to your home.”
        Charlotte’s smile grew wider at the news and she giggled as she opened the door to show Fury the scene inside. Two small babies, in either of their father’s arms drinking greedily away at their bottles as their father slept on, completely oblivious to anything else. Not even Nick Fury could resist chuckling at the sight.
        “He is taking it like a pro.” Charlotte giggled as she looked back at her sleeping husband. “It should get interesting when Tony gets here to visit. I cant wait to see that.”