Too Short For Graduation Robes...

Charlotte looked through the large crowd of people, trying to catch sight of Phil. She knew he was somewhere around here, looking for her as well. She was trying to see over people’s heads, but she was too short and she kept stepping on her graduation robes. She had told them they were too long, but no one had done anything about it so she had to deal with it on her own. She didn’t know anything about sewing so she had taken a few pins and pinned it up. 
        Charlotte jumped, trying to see over the crowd, but with no success. Suddenly a pair of large hands settled on her waist, from behind. Charlotte smiled as Phil whispered in her ear. His voice sending shivers down her spine. 
        “Congratulations baby! You did a good job!” He kissed the soft curve of her ear. Her smile brightened as he pulled her body back into his and hugged her close to him. “I knew you would. You are too smart not to succeed.” His last words made Charlotte mentally wince. She was not smart. If she was, she would have finished high school right away and graduated from college years ago, instead of what she actually did. 
        Charlotte turned in Phil’s arms and smiled brightly up at him. He returned the smile and leaned down to kiss her lips gently. He was more proud of her and in love with her than he could ever express… well, almost. 
        Later that night, they were sitting at a table in her favorite restraunt. It was not fancy, it was a small family owned place that served good home cooked meals. 
        They ordered their food and sat there in each other’s company until it came. Was it just her or did Phil seem nervous about something? Charlotte wondered as she caught Phil glancing at the waitress for what seemed like the hundredth time. Charlotte looked at the waitress herself. The woman looked to be about 19 or 20, still very young. Her bright blonde hair was pulled into a pony tail that bounced and whipped back and forth as she moved to serve customers. Her legs were long and tan and Charlotte knew the woman would be taller than her by at least six inches. Her tanned skin was complimented by bright glacier blue eyes that seemed to almost glow with their brightness. 
        Charlotte felt an instant pang of jealousy that took her by surprise as she saw Phil glance at the woman yet again. The waitress’s eye met his and she smiled brightly and she nodded her head. 
        Phil looked back at Charlotte, pretending he hadn’t noticed that she had caught on to his strange behavior. 
        “You should have no problem finding a good position at a good hospital. You graduated at the top of your class.” Phil said, continuing the conversation they had been having about what she was going to do next. “You could even get a bigger place, with the income.” 
Charlotte’s heart wrenched yet again that night as he brought up moving somewhere else. She didn’t want to leave, because she didn’t want to lose him. He had been so distracted for the last couple weeks. He talked to her less and had even at one point told her he didn’t want to spend the evening with her, which had hurt her terribly. She had gone back to her apartment and cried all night, into her pillow. She was exhausted the next day, but had gone to her classes and work in a trance like state. When she got home she had tried calling him half a dozen times with no luck. 
        It was still early in the day, much too early to go to bed, but that is what she did. In a pair of her underwear and one of Phil’s t-shirts, Charlotte curled up on her bed, not bothering to cover herself with a blanket, she continued with her heartbroken crying. 
        It had been dark for a couple hours, when Charlotte heard a key in the lock on her front door turn. She heard the sound, but didn’t react, she was shivering with cold and still had tears running down her face as she had slipped into a dazed like state that didn’t allow sleep to come. 
        Phil was surprised that Charlotte had not been in his apartment when he had gotten home that night. He felt terrible the night before telling her to go home, but he was busy that night. He was going to a jewelry store to buy a ring. It had been a long time since they first met and he was more in love with Charlotte than the first day. He was going to ask her to be his wife. 
        He walked into her apartment, his concern growing at the sight of a dark apartment. He knew she was there; her purse and keys were sitting on the hall floor. 
        “Charlotte” he called out in question. He was greeted by a small sniffling sound coming from her bedroom. His feet hurried to her bedroom door and he looked inside. What he saw made his heart clench. 
        Charlotte was lying on top of the bed in a pair of underwear and one of his shirts that he had left over there. The blankets were at the end of the bed, untouched. He could see from the distance that her body was shivering from the cold air, but when he neared the bed, he saw the tracks down her face that told him she had been crying a lot. Her face was red and her eyes were puffy and drooping from crying and a lack of sleep. 
        “Oh baby” he said in a soft tone as she finally turned to look up at him. Her expression nearly killed him and he lay down on the bed next to her, intending to hold her, but the second his hands touched her, she shrank away from him. Her rejection hurt, but Phil didn’t allow it to make him give up. 
        “No love,” he whispered soothingly as he reached out again, “Don’t run from me. There is no need for that. Come here and let me hold you.” He wrapped his arms around her body and pulled her across the bed and tight against him. She resisted a little bit longer, but finally gave up and pressed up against his warm body. She sobbed into his chest as he held her shivering body close to him, stroking her head with one hand and whispering words of comfort in her ear. 
        He hadn’t meant to hurt her; he just didn’t want her knowing what he was up to just yet. When she had calmed down, he got up off the bed, bringing her with him. Phil carried her across the room and into her bathroom. Setting her down on the countertop, Phil turned to the shower and turned it on and adjusted the temperature. He turned back to Charlotte and gently pulled the shirt over her head, leaving her in only her underwear. He picked her up off the counter and set her on her feet. Gently sliding the last of her clothing down her legs, Phil helped her under the warm stream of water. He stripped down and joined her under the stream of water. He wasn’t anything but proper normally, and had never seen her naked before now. He was only concerned with her wellbeing. He knew she felt like crap after all that crying and a shower would help make her feel better. He had no intentions of stepping in the shower with any of his clothes on. Thus, he stripped for the practical reasons that he didn’t want to drip water all over her apartment and she would not wash herself. She still seemed to be in a trance like state, where she knew what was going on, but didn’t really seem to care one way or the other. 
        Phil very quickly and modestly washed her body up and down, getting all of her clean and allowing her body to get used to the sudden heat. He turned the temperature up a bit when her body had adjusted and was no longer cold. He put shampoo in her hair and massaged her scalp for a long while before rinsing it out and putting in conditioner. Her turned the temperature up again and began to massage her scalp some more. After rinsing her hair out again, Phil turned the shower off and helped Charlotte out. She stood still on the carpet as he got out a large soft towel and dried her gently with it. He wrapped her hair in it and got another towel and wrapped her body in it. He would wait to dry off himself, as he wanted to take care of her first. 
        He picked her up in his arms and carried her back into her bedroom. Lying her down in her bed, he noticed that she was starting to become a little bit more responsive. He reached down and pulled the comforter up the bed to cover her, now very warm body. Being a male, he could not help but notice the perfect shape of her body or the softness of her skin as it pressed against him. 
        He could feel his body responding painfully, but he refused to be anything less than honorable towards her. He loved her too much to be so disrespectful towards her. He was started turning towards the bathroom to dry himself off and get dressed when a small, soft hand on his arm stopped him. He turned back to the bed to see Charlotte’s eyes looking him up and down, finally meeting his eyes. Pain and hurt were swirling in their depths and Phil broke as she reached up for him to come hold her. He slipped his wet body under the covers and drew her into his arms. 
        His lips met hers and like always, fireworks exploded. He held her close and deepened the kiss, turning it into a frantic and passionate kiss. Charlotte pressed her body against his and his body got painfully hard. If they went any further, there would be no turning back. He pulled back from her and broke their kiss. He was too honorable to take such a decision away from her. 
        Charlotte was confused at first by his sudden withdraw until she saw the pained restraint in his expression that made her realize he was giving her a choice. Her heart leapt with love and she reached out to caress his jawline, causing him to look straight into her eyes. She smiled lovingly at him and leaned forward and kissed him softly at first, but then more passionately as she felt him respond and begin to kiss her back. He ground her body harder against his and she rubbed against him like she wanted to crawl under his skin and stay there forever. There was no stopping it now; they had passed the point of no return.