The Moment You Have All Been Waiting For... :'-(

There were voices everywhere and they all spoke of pain and misery. People were so thick in the waiting room that Charlotte could hardly get through them to the desk.
        “Charlotte!” Saundra gasped, noticing her supervisor in the crowd. Charlotte pushed her way to Saundra and handed her purse and coat over to be taken care of.
        “We have a lot to do. I’d suggest we get started.” Charlotte said professionally as she turned to survey what needed to be done. Pointing at Sophie she looked around some more and then looked at her.
        “Children” Charlotte shot to her, “Talk to them. Are they here with someone? Are they hurt? Is it bad? Are they alone? What is their name? Try to calm them if they are frightened. You help her.” Charlotte pointed to another young nurse, who saw Charlotte and came over to receive orders. They nodded and took off together through the waiting room together.
        Charlotte sent several others to catalog the seriousness of injuries and figure out who needed to be seen first. Finally, pointing at Trevor she gave him something.
        “I don’t like treating my Emergency Room like a bar that needs bouncers, but things are going to get more out of hand as time goes by. I need you to help take care of anyone who becomes a problem us.”
        Charlotte didn’t stop to see Trevor’s reaction, but instead took off down the hall to help where she could. An afterthought had Charlotte stopping in her tracks as a terrible thought dawned on her.
        “Is Tony Stark here?” She asked Scott as he approached her. He nodded gravely and handed her a chart. She took it and patted him on the shoulder in comfort, telling him what a good job he had done.
        The folder in her hands contained sheets of paper for Tony Stark and several other people as well. She frowned as she looked them over quickly; she looked back up and nodded to Scott in thanks.
        “I will take care of these personally. Thank you Scott.” Charlotte would have loved to give him a reassuring smile, but could not bring herself to muster one up. She took off down the hall again, frowning to herself. She could not help but feel like something was terribly wrong and the pit in her stomach grew little by little.
        “What have you gotten yourself into this time Tony?” She scolded as she entered the room where she knew she would find Tony Stark. He was lying in a bed, with several others in the room as well. They all looked beaten and bruised and just plain exhausted.
        She began to clean Tony up and bandage him up, all too aware of his silence. The pit in her grew a little more. Tony Stark didn’t want to say something. This was very bad and Charlotte wasn’t sure she wanted to hear what it was.
“Who’s next?” Charlotte asked the others as she finished with Tony. They all looked at her in surprise. She glanced at them and shrugged.
        “We are kinda busy right now. I don’t think protocol is going to matter much as far getting through patients and helping everyone quicker.” Charlotte turned and pointed at the man in the red, white and blue. She gestured to another bed and he followed her instructions and sat down on the bed. She examined his injuries and decided they were all minimal enough to be taken care of himself. She gave him a coupe pain killers, strong ones, remembering that part of his whole super solder gig was that his body burned off medicine and alcohol fast.
        Charlotte moved from one to the other until everyone except the Godly looking blonde man was seen to. He was dirty but there was not a scratch on him. She turned back to Tony.
        “This is the head nurse here.” He said solemnly, almost as if he didn’t want them to know who she was. “Her name is Charlotte Coulson. Her husband is Phil Coulson.”
        As he said the last part all his companions froze and started shifting uneasily. They all knew as well. What was going on? Charlotte asked in her mind as she felt the pit widen some more.
        “Mrs. Coulson?” A deep voice called out from the doorway. Charlotte turned to find a tall dark skinned man wearing all black, with an eye patch covering one eye. He looked her full in the eyes and her heart slammed in her chest. The pit in her stomach was huge and if she wasn’t careful, she would fall in.
        “Yes?” she asked, trying to keep the trembling from her voice and failing miserably at it. The tension in the room was killing her and she was sure that whatever he had to say to her, she did not want to hear it.
        “I regret to inform you that…” He started, but was cut off by Charlotte. She held up her hand to silence him. Looking into his brown eye, she knew what was coming.
        “He is dead.” She whispered barley loud enough to be heard. The man nodded, sadness reflecting in his eye. She could hear someone saying something, but she could not hear it anymore. She was drawn back from all the going ons that were happening.
        He was gone. Her love. Her life. Her reason for living. Phil was dead. He had promised to stay with her and keep her safe, to never leave her. He lied. Phil was dead.
        Snapping back to what was going on in the now, Charlotte looked up to see the man talking to her about funeral arrangements and death benefits. He was trying to assure her she would be taken care of, but he really didn’t get it. It was all about Phil. It had always been all about Phil.
        Charlotte reached up and found a tear on her cheek; she looked at it on the end of her finger for a moment. Then everything slowly went black around her.