Morning Sickness...

Charlotte woke up slowly the next morning. She sighed and rolled over in bed. The pillow next to her smelled like Phil and she had been holding it to her all night long.
        Sighing, Charlotte got up and got dressed, pulling on a pair of faded blue jeans that she loved and a blue long sleeve shirt with little white stars all over them. Phil loved it when she wore patriotic stuff and, as a result, she had collected a lot of it. She had so many red, white, and blue clothes she was convinced that her closet was the most patriotic closet in America.
        Going downstairs, she was greeted by a half cooked meal at the stove. Frowning, Charlotte walked into the hall and listened for a minute. Noise coming from the open bathroom door caused her to go investigate. She peeked around the door to see Sophie kneeling by the toilet, her head hanging over the bowl as if her life depended on it. Trevor was on one knee behind her holding her hair out of her face with one hand and rubbing her back with the other. He looked helplessly at Charlotte and she smiled softly at him.
        Charlotte got out a soft wash cloth and wet it with some cool water. She took a hair tie from the drawer and tied Sophie’s hair back and placed the cool rag on the back of her neck.
        “When she is done put her in bed. I’m going to fix her something that won’t upset her stomach. Come get it when she is in bed.” Charlotte instructed Trevor, going into full nurse mode. She walked back into the kitchen and began to make some toast and tea. As she was pouring the tea, Trevor walked into the kitchen. The expression on his face was enough to make anybody panic, but Charlotte looked calmly at him and handed him the mug of tea and plate with plain toast.
        “Make sure she eats this slowly, or she is just going to throw it up again.” She instructed Trevor, patting him on the cheek. He was going to be part of the family now and Charlotte wanted to make him feel as welcome as possible.
        Trevor’s cheeks went pink a bit and Charlotte laughed.
        “I’m going to be your Aunt soon. You’re going to have to get used to it.” Charlotte said as she shooed him out of the kitchen. She finished cooking the food that had been started and sat down and ate breakfast. She cleaned up the kitchen and retreated to the study, where she settled with a good book. 
*Time Skip!!!*
        The sound of the phone ringing made Charlotte jump as it broke the silence. She saw the number and sighed. It looked like her last day before work was not going to happen. She answered the phone and was met by a rush on noise that forced her to pull the phone away from her ear.
        “Charlotte we need you down here now!” Came the voice of one of the nurses that was in charge when she was sick. He was usually so calm a collected, but now he sounded on the verge of hysteria.
        “Scott, calm down!” Charlotte’s take over attitude came out. “Tell me calmly what happened.” She knew this was big. Scott never lost his cool and that was exactly why she had chosen him for that position.
        “Where have you been? It is all over the news!” Scott practically yelled through the phone. “Aliens attacked Manhattan and some new group of heroes saved the day.”
        Charlotte stared into space for a minute. What? Had Scott hit his head or something?
        “Scott, I going to come in, but I think you need to go home and rest. If you can’t handle the pressure of the job, we can find you an assistant to help with the work load. I don’t want you exhausting yourself.” A huffed sigh was what she got in return.
                “Just turn on the television Charlotte! Then get your butt in here! We are overwhelmed, same as every other hospital in Manhattan!” He hung up before she could say anything more. Charlotte sighed heavily as she hung up the phone. What was this all about? Surely everyone hadn’t gone crazy.
        Charlotte turned on the television in the kitchen. Normally all the soap operas and cartoons were on at this time of day, but that is not what was on. A breaking news report was all over all the channels. Strange creatures filled the sky over Stark Tower and began to spread out from there.
        I saw Tony Stark in the Ironman suit, flying around and there were several other people helping him to fight off the strange creatures. One man was hard to miss. Wearing the colors red, white and blue, was Capitan America. Charlotte had heard rumors that his body had been found in the ice, but was shocked to see he was fighting right along with the other people there. There was a man and woman in black. The man had a quiver of arrows and a bow; he was an excellent shot and aimed with accuracy. The woman was a red head and though she didn’t have a weapon, she was holding her own. A large man in royal, but mythical clothing was up in the sky, he seemed to be controlling the weather somehow; he was frying creatures with lighting. The last figure was huge and green. The camera couldn’t get a proper view of the figure, but it was crushing creatures in its path as it threw itself from building to building.
        Charlotte stared at the television in shock, hardly aware of Trevor and Sophie in the room with her. The TV was clicked off after a couple minutes by Trevor. Charlotte turned to look at her niece and future nephew in shock.
        “We will go with you to the hospital. There will be people that need comforting as they wait for news on their loved ones.” Trevor ushered them all out of the house and soon they were walking through the doors of the hospital. The greeting they got was enough to make anyone cry.