Day Dreams And Late Nights...

Charlotte walked down the stairs and returned the key to the apartment. She walked back up the stairs and opened the door to her new home. Silence echoed through the apartment, making her wonder where Phil was. 
        “Phil?” she called out as she took a couple steps through the door and shut it behind her. The click of the door locking automatically was a loud echo that seemed to set things into motion. The second the door locked, Phil walked out of the kitchen and directly towards her. 
        Charlotte’s eyes widened as she saw the look on his face. He was after her for teasing him this morning. She was in the hall, in front of the door and had nowhere to go. She was trapped. 
        Deciding she was not going to give in without a fight, Charlotte waited until he was a little more than an arm’s length from her and she ducked under his arm and bolted around him. She felt his fingers grabbing her clothes and allowed him to pull her button up shirt off of her, popping the buttons as she ran by. 
        Charlotte let out a childlike giggle as she darted into the living room and around the couch, Phil in hot pursuit. As she rounded the couch a third time, she chanced a look behind her, her hair flying in her face and blocking her view. As she reached up to push her hair away, she looked behind her, there was no one there. 
        At that moment, she hit something hard and solid. Strong hands grabbed her shoulders, keeping her from landing on her butt. Suddenly, she was being lifted in strong arms and Phil threw her over his shoulder. She let out a playful shriek as his hands wandered up the backs of her thighs and gave her butt a teasing pinch. 
        Phil carried her into their bedroom and up to the bed. He dropped her off his shoulder and onto the bed. She bounced on the mattress a little and stared up at him as he stood there staring down at her. She smiled at him and he was shaken out of his trance. He leaned over her and kissed her softly, just a teasing nip at first, but then he deepened it and groaned as she rubbed her body against his. 
        “You are going to pay for this morning.” He growled against her throat as he made his way down the slender column, he stopped and looked at her face when he heard her giggle wickedly. His eyes narrowed at her as she met his gaze. She reached down and framed his face with her small hands. 
        “I certainly hope so Phil. I really do.” She whispered to him. He kissed her again, intent on extracting his revenge for the next several hours. 
                Charlotte woke up to a strange noise. She sat up abruptly, listening for it again. Phil stirred a bit and opened his eyes. The noise sounded again and Charlotte let out a small laugh. She lay back down and laid her head on Phil’s chest. She looked up at him and smiled a bright smile. 
        “My stomach has decided it is hungry.” She whispered to him in a serious voice, her eyes going wide for a second. As if on cue, her stomach growled in a very loud, obnoxious way. Phil chuckled as Charlotte giggled again at her stomach’s defiance. 
        Phil got up and put on a pair of grey sweats and a grey t-shirt. He reached a hand towards Charlotte, lying on their bed, and helped her up. She pulled a pair of extremely short, white shorts and a hot pink sports bra. She adjusted her shorts once more and smiled up at Phil. 
        They walked, hand in hand, to the kitchen, where they started to make sandwiches, too hungry for anything else. They took their food to the couch, where they put in a movie, and ate their dinner. It was dark out now and there was nothing left of the day to do anything more. 
        Stacking their plates on the coffee table, Charlotte laid her head down on Phil’s shoulder as he reached over and wrapped an arm around her waist. Pulling her close to his side, he placed a kiss on the top of her head. They watched another movie after the first one was done. About half way through the movie, Charlotte was sitting in Phil’s lap, her head on his chest, fast asleep. 
        Phil turned off the movie and television and got to his feet; Charlotte cradled in his arms, and carried her to bed. He had to go to work tomorrow and he knew she had to go to work as well. She still had her position at the small café, where she worked through college, and was going to stay there until they could find and train a replacement. 
        Phil placed Charlotte down on their bed and pulled the covers up over her. Then crawling in behind her, he wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her body secure against his. Charlotte stirred a bit and turned her head a bit. 
        “Phil…?” she murmured in a half asleep voice, wanting to hear his voice. Phil placed a kiss on her cheek and buried his face in her hair. 
        “I’m here love…” He replied in a soft tone. Charlotte fell back asleep and Phil was asleep soon after that. 
        Waking up the next morning was a quiet and intimate affair. They showered together and got dressed. Making breakfast together, they sat in a comfortable silence as they ate. They walked out to the front of the building together, where they parted. Phil placed a loving kiss on Charlotte’s lips and got in his car and drove off. 
        Charlotte stood there for a couple minutes with a dreamy smile on her face until she was interrupted by a voice nearby. 
        “If you continue to stand there and day dream about Mr. Coulson, Miss. Charlotte, You are going to be late for work.” the voice of the elderly Mr. Wilkins from the first floor scolded her in a teasing tone. Charlotte was startled out of her day dream and smiled at the man, her cheeks turning pink at having been caught staring. 
        “Good morning Mr. Wilkins!” Charlotte replied to the man who was still chuckling at the look on her face. Holding out his free arm, Mr. Wilkins wordlessly offered to walk her to work. Still smiling, Charlotte accepted the offer and took his arm and they were off. 
        When they arrived at the café, Charlotte escorted Mr. Wilkins inside and bought him a coffee before starting her shift. 
        Despite the good start to her day, it didn’t continue in the same manner. The other employee that was supposed to be in that day called in sick, and Charlotte couldn’t get a hold of anyone else to cover the position so she was alone. In the middle of the day it got busy. People were everywhere and Charlotte was going in all directions at the same time. 
        After a few people left, with rude comments about the service, Charlotte managed to get a hold of herself and serve one person at a time and get more done. She worked through stuck up people that had to have their mochas just right, single mothers with screaming  children that had runny noses and sneezed all over everything, the lunch crowd that was always in a hurry to get back to work. When it was finally time to close up, her entire body ached and her head still had not stopped spinning from the lunch rush. She locked the doors at nine and spent the next hour cleaning everything, stocking for the next day and ordering more supplies. It was five minutes after ten when she finally started walking home.