We Made A Baby...

Pain in her head dragged Charlotte back to reality. She moaned in pain, not just physical pain, but emotional pain as well. There was no way she passed out from what she thought she saw, but she didn’t know what else could explain what she saw.
        She became aware that her wrists were no longer tied up. She was also aware of a pair of strong arms holding her tight to a warm body and a hand stroking her face gently. Hey eyes fluttered open slowly.
        Tears filled Charlotte’s eyes and blurred her vision as she looked up into the face of the man who was holding her. A sob built up in her chest and burst from her lips. Another one followed that and another and another. She buried her face in his chest and let all her pain from the last few months come out.
        “Shhh…” Phil whispered to her, rocking her back and forth gently, pulling her closer to him. “It’s ok. I am here. I am not going to let anything happen to you. You are safe now.” His voice cracked as he tried to soothe her. It took all he had to stay where he was when Marcus smacked her around. He trembled with the effort it took to show indifference before he could lock the door.
        He was afraid of her reaction when she saw that he was not dead, but when she mentioned his baby and her hand slid down to her stomach, he could hardly believe what he was hearing. His placed his hand to her stomach and felt a small telltale bump. Her cry of fear confused him until he remembered that the hood was still covering his face.
        Now as he looked down at her his heart crumbled. He knew it was going to hurt to let her believe that he was dead, but it hurt so much more now that he saw what it had done to her. Charlotte was crying into his chest, wetting his shirt with her tears.
        After a long while she started to calm down and when she could speak again she turned her head upward to look at his face. She lifted her hand and touched his face. He turned his head into her touch and kissed her palm.
        Charlotte knew that it was going to be a long and painful story as to why Phil was not dead and she didn’t want the moment ruined with that pain. She decided to avoid that for a while longer. She took his hand and placed it under her shirt directly on her stomach where their child was.
        “We made a baby love” she whispered to him as she held his hand to her stomach. She gave him a trembling smile when he began to lightly rub her stomach. He pulled her up to him and kissed her softly and sweetly. After a few moments he could hold back no longer and he deepened the kiss as his hand went behind her to cradle her head, gently massaging her scalp. Charlotte felt pleasure rush through her like a lightning bolt and she let out a gasp and she kissed him back.
        All her aches and pains were forgotten as she sat up further on his lap and started rubbing her body up against his. Phil knew that he shouldn’t be doing this here. It was cold and there was nothing except the hard floor to lay on, but he could not stop himself as his hand drifted from her stomach to further up under her shirt, causing her to gasp in pleasure. They both missed each other too much to set this off any longer and he pulled his sweatshirt off and laid it down on the floor before lowering her down underneath him.
        “I love you” she whispered to him as his lips once again met hers. Phil’s heart soared as he pulled back to look down at his wife.
        “I love you” he whispered back, elated to see her face light up once again just like it did years ago when he asked her to trust him.