Chapter 18

Zayn kept staring at the water for sometime. Liam had completely forgotten waters create reflection. Zayn had seen Liam staring at him and he seen something else which was beyond explanation. Eyes never lie. Zayn knows it. Was Liam falling for him the way he did? Was Liam really staring at him? These seemed so unreal. He could never believe it in his eyes. But he won't say a word yet cause he has also seen Liam look away in nervousness. Zayn can wait. He has waited this long, so a little more won't do bad.

"Lee, let's sit down near the brook."

"Yeah... "

The moon spread it rays in the brook. Thr stars were laid down like gold in the night sky. It seemed like angels descending onto the earth. The wind was soft and the leaves of the trees made sounds like some instruments being played. It was all so magical. Wasn't it the perfect night to propose someone? Under the moon and some proper Shakespearean lines. Enough to melt a heart. But Zayn won't do it. He wants to enjoy the subtleness of their relationship even though it's just friendship. He wants to cherish every moment with Liam cause you never know if he will be able to do it tomorrow. Two hearts, one place and a lot of unspoken promises. Probably under the sky they both wished never to part with each other and it got sealed by the falling star. They both looked at it, closed their eyes made some wishes. You may never know what. Silence has a beauty, undefined and indefinite. They both looked at each other once, into the eyes and onto each other's soul and then turned back to the waters.

The moon had a charm in itself and they were being hypnotised by it. Their love felt like a music in them being played by the best musicians in the world.

Zayn laid his head on Liam's shoulder and Liam let it be. Instead he laid his head on Zayn's this time. He wanted to feel Zayn's heart cause he knew it was beating loud and fast. Liam really had wished for a moment to hold Zayn's hand but he stopped himself. It wasn't right. He shouldn't do it. There was a driving force which was pushing him towards Zayn but he was strong. He can hold back.
Zayn finally spoke again

"This place is my wonderland. I love to just get lost into the waters and the trees. Do you like it, Lee? "

"I love it Zayn. I love it. Probably from today your safe place counts too be my safe place too."

"I wanted to bring you here for a reason Leeyum"

"What is it? "

"Whenever you feel things go wrong with you, just come here. I wanted to give you something to live for. Maybe I will not be there with you forever but this will be. These trees will be. These stars will be. This brook will be. And... And this sky will be with you forever. Forever."

"Never say it again Zayn."
Liam had a bit of water by the side if his eyes. He looked at Zayn with all love and dedication.

"What should I not say? "

"That you won't be with me forever. You are my best friend. If I lose you, I lose everything, I lose a reason to live."

Zayn forced a laughter out of him.

"Why will you lose everything if you lose me? You have a lot of reason to live. I don't belong to any part of it. "

Zayn's voice chocked but he tried maintaining the smile.

"Because.... "

"Because what? "

"Because you are my best friend."

"Hmm.... But what if I...."

Liam held his hands near Zayn's mouth.

"Don't say another word about it. You will not go anywhere. I will never let you go."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please don't forget to vote if you like ))