Chapter 22

Louis' POV

When someone you love is in pain thr pain transfers to you. I have seen Zayn go through a lot since his childhood. He lost more than he had ever gained. Our relationship had grown, from the children we had been to what we are now. It just grows everyday. I love him like someone of my own. It has been a string that has been holding us together during the pains and happinesses of life. People take time to heal. Nobody can heal at once. I see him healing through Liam and it makes me happy. He has always been a brother to me. We haven't fought like siblings do. We have learnt to understand each other and therefore we lean on each other for every thing.

I have seen him struggle to fit among people. I have seen him cry for nights. People would often trash him for various reasons but he wanted his place, always, at the top. He was stubborn for his wishes. He would do anything to gain what he wants. This stubbornness has made him shrink from within. Failure had had it's worst effects. I remember the day I had found him lying on the floor senseless. Things scattered around him, all reciprocating his feelings. His files, decorations, all. A fear had crept within me. I didn't want to lose him, a brother, a friend, a mentor. His determined efforts to get known had thrown him in a spiral. A spiral of loss, only loss. I had rushed him to the hospital without thinking anything. I just knew I had to save him. I couldn't let him just go like that. The doctors had told how his health was degrading and any more of it, he would never recover again. I knew from the very moment I have to be with him every second of him living his life. I have to help him out of it.

We had our bad days as well as good. We would face all things together. Then Liam entered his life and I found a Zayn, so new. The one I had lost. I liked Liam. He is caring, loving. He gives Zayn the friendship he deserves. He treats Zayn with gentleness while I need to be firm. They heal each other. I have seen a spark in Zayn's eyes, lost long back.

I used to be hesitant about Zayn being with Liam cause Liam was fighting his own demons. But I was wrong. Now I could wait and watch Zayn emerge out of the darkness. I am trying to believe on a man who was like a life boat for both of us. I now see Zayn smiling the genuine smile and it makes me happy. I feel like I am getting back the child I had known who I had lost in the war of life.

He really knows how to wear his heart on his sleeves. He really needed a support while he gave it to all he met. He was never given back any until Liam. He has a long way to go, a lot of hurdles to cross but if Liam stays by his side he doesn't have anything to fear about. Them together is all they need to win at life.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Please vote if you like❤