Chapter 2

Liam Payne

The rain has been pattering loud and clear. Liam looked up to the sky. The stars were hidden by the thick cloud that spread around. A shiver ran down through his body as he felt somebody watching him close by. He took a look outside but there was sign of any human except the lights that twinkled in the other houses now. An unknown and unexplainable feeling crept in and took it's place. A feeling he cannot describe in words. Like he wanted to be stalked by the invisible eyes more and more. It felt comfortable as he knew their was someone looking out for him even in the dead of darkness that surrounded the city. He did not know what it is but it is with him all the time from sometime.

He finally distracted himself out of it. Walking down to the washroom he cleaned up the toil of the days work from his face. The eyes had all the impressions to prove his lack of sleep. Looking at the mirror he saw a face, a beautiful one but now laden with some grief that was taking away the sparkle of the eyes. He looked down unwrapping the cloth that hid the slits well. He easily pretended in his office and kept away the truth from everyone. Those wounds have stopped bleeding days back but the pain lay behind. He did not care. At least it eased him of the inner turmoil he went through. "Every of this cut has a story.", he thought as he gave out a pain filled smirk. He has been questioning his existence always. He knew no one cared, no one does. He was all alone in the lonesome world. The attacks of pain seemed to have taken heights in the few weeks. The few moments of facing death and returning back, it's like a cycle which goes on and on. The meds were completely useless but he had to take them everyday.

He had joined the company two years back. He was too young at 25 but got the job because of his amazing skill to bring more clients to the company. But little did they know what he was through. Previously he had worked in a small firm in Wolverhampton but left the job due to some cause and moved back  to London. Here he was hired by the company and he has been working since. He is quite of an introvert and has not been able to make many friends even after two years of the job. But that man, who has joined three months ago, seemed to have developed quite a good friendship quite too fast. "What's your name? Ah...Z-Zayn, Zayn Malik. Right?" This was an everyday thing. He was really bad at memorizing names and he accepted more like warned people after asking for it. But Zayn was something different. He felt like he could forever rely on Zayn on everything. He never felt this before. It was new but good. He was finally learning to believe someone and therefore did not hesitate in speaking up the smallest of problems to Zayn. But he knew what never to tell. He has trust issues on this fact because their have been many who have laughed it out. He felt Zayn might discard him if he gets to know about it although Zayn listened to him with all attention possible to be given to a person and with all care and concern. But still it acted like an insecurity in him all the time.

"Tomorrow is going to be a hectic day. I ain't ready I guess."

A meeting is to proceed with a client the next day. He has to gather enough courage to speak another hour long and answer every possible answer like a professional. Little would they ever know how difficult it is to show up a straight happy face.

" It is all a nuisance, really.", he thought as he curled up in is bed like a small ball until he was deep down with sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed this part too. Please leave a vote if you like. Have a great day. :) :) :)