dieciseis

I wake up seeing the sun bursting through my window. I squinch my eyes since it was directly on me. I force myself to get out of bed and walk to Nia's room. I go to wake her up but she's not in her bed.
I check the bathroom, nope.
I walk downstairs and I see Jalen cooking some breakfast while Nia is sitting on the counter.

"Nia, What are you doing up so early?" I ask her. While looking at Jalen. She just shrugs.

"I made you some breakfast." He tells me
"That's alright I'll eat after Nia does." I say and force a small smile.
"Oh Nia and I just finished eating actually." He replies.
"Oh." I say.

He places a plate in front of me. It had eggs and pancakes on it.

"What are we doing today?" Jalen asks me as he leans against the counter.
I look up at him as I eat some of the eggs.

"We?" I ask him.

"Yea. I was thinking we should spend as much time together as we can, considering the time we have lost." He replies.

"No. You chose to leave us. Nia and I are gonna spend some time together, you can do whatever you'd like." I tell him.

I grab Nia and bring her upstairs. I decided me and Nia could go grocery shopping or something. I just needed to leave the house and distract myself from all the stuff that has happened.

I bathed Nia and changed her into some comfy clothes. I grabbed my house and car keys and we headed down stairs. I didn't see Jalen downstairs so I assumed that he might've been in his room.

I put Nia in her car seat and make sure it's secure. I close the back door and see him standing there.

"Hi mamas. Let's go for a ride." Rio says as he almost gave me a heart attack.

I roll my eyes.

I make my way to the drivers seat.

"Nah we're taking my car." He says as he walks toward a black suv.

Ugh. I take Nia out of her seat and bring her to his.

"Hi Nia." He turns his body to face her. She just smiles.

He hands me the keys.

"You drive." He winks. The fuck?

"So, where we headed?" I ask, looking straight ahead.

"it's a surprise." He says. I could feel him looking at me.

"So how the fuck am I supposed to know how to drive there?" I ask

"I'll tell you how." He says.

We arrive to this house. Looks pretty normal, what the fuck are we doing here?

"Get Nia." He says.

I look at him.

"I think not." I tell him. Uhm who the fuck does he think he is.

"Get Nia and I'm not repeating myself again." He says. I could tell he was getting angry.

I open the car door and get Nia out her car seat and help her out the car. I walk around to the other side.

I follow him to the front door of the house that we stopped right in front of. He knocks.

"I need you take care of this little girl from me, just for a few hours." He tells the young lady with short hair that opened the door.

"Uhm no that's ok. We can take Nia home." I tell them.

He looks at me. He roughly grabs my forearm and drags me along to the side so they can't hear us.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" He asks me.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I ask him.

"I'm not just gonna let this random lady take care of MY daughter." I tell him.

He turns to the lady at the door.

"Yea, can you just take care of her for a couple hours?" He tells the woman, and she nods.

"No, what the fuck!" I say.

He drags me to my car as he gets in the driver seat and placed me in the passenger.
I see Nia looking at me.

"Mommy, where are you going?" She asks.

"I'll be back in a little bit ok! This nice lady is going to take care of you." I tell her from the car. I see her wave bye and I wave back.

"Buckle up. We're going on a road trip." He says.

It took almost an hour to get to where the fuck we are.

"I need you to help me with a couple things." he says as he turns the car off.

"What?" I reply.

I'm so annoyed with him. How does he just expect me to be like aye ok let's go to this weird fucking location in the middle of no where. Obviously I'm not gonna want to.

"I want you to work for me." He says.

"Do I have a choice?" I ask as we both just look straight ahead.

"I don't even know what the fuck you do Rio." I tell him.

He looks at me.

"I just need you to do a couple things for me." He says.

"Of course, anything for you." I tell him, clearly noting the sarcasm in my voice.

"Anything?" He says as he licks his lips. Looking me up and down.

 Looking me up and down

Unedited

What y'all's favorite movie?

I have a couple.

My favorites are predestination, paranormal activity, Alice in wonderland, Sweeney Todd, Edward scissorhands, fight club, big time adolescence and my friend dahmer.

Lmao I can't choose