quince

(Another picture of Jalen) ^

______________________

"Alright, well I think it's time I should head to bed." I tell jalen as I stand up.

"You can have some water or anything from the fridge, I don't mind . And you know where the guest room is" I tell him.

He's lived here with me and nia before he left. It's weird seeing him back here in our house. I'm not used to it anymore.

"Is it okay if I see her?" He asks me. Looking up at me since he was sitting down.

"I don't think that's a good idea." I reply to his question.

He just looked down and thanked me.

I started walking up the stairs. I could hear the fridge open and close so he probably got something to eat or drink. I head to my room and close the door.

Should I take a shower or should I take one in the morning? I should probably take one now so I'm not rushing tomorrow.

I grab the clothes I'm gonna wear to bed and throw them on my bed. I grab my phone and head to the bathroom connected to my room. I let my hair down and connect the Bluetooth to my phone and start playing 'Wet dreamz' by J. Cole, While I undress myself.

I turn the water to warm and get in. I clean my body. I wash the soap off and start putting my shampoo in, I then wash it out and continue with the conditioner but while I have it in I brush my hair so it's not tangled as fuck when I get out the shower. If I don't do that my hair will be so knotty, so I put the conditioner in. I then wash it out. After finishing in the shower, i hop out and dry myself with a towel. Then I wrap my body with the same towel while I brush my teeth.

What was that? I heard a clatter but i brush it off knowing it's probably jalen.

I continue brushing my teeth. I then wash my face and mouth. I disconnect the Bluetooth. The screen lights up. 10:57pm. Damn, my showers always be taking so long.

I start heading into my room as I dry my hair with another towel. My hair takes forever to dry.

"Hello, kalani."

I freeze in my spot. I don't want to look up, I'm scared to know if it's actually him.

"Rio, what the fuck are you doing here?" I say. As I look up to see that it is him and he's sitting on my bed. Great.

"You should probably change into some clothes." He says.

"Wouldn't that be such a good idea?" I say as I look down to see that I was still in my towel.

"If only somebody wasn't in my room." I continue.

His eyebrow raises.

"I came to check on you." He informs me.

"Aww that's so sweet of you. I'm fine, you can leave now." I tell him.

"I ain't going no where yet." He says.

Fuck. What if he already met jalen downstairs. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Keep your calm kalani, he probably doesn't even know.

"And why not?" I reply.

"I was watching you." He says as he stands up to get closer to me. But I back up.

"Oh, that's not creepy at all." I say.

"Who was he?" He says.

I clench my eyes shut. Fuck he knows. I was really hoping he wouldn't. Should I just tell him the truth? What if they kill each other or something. Fuck, omg.

"A friend." I tell him. As i look anywhere but his eyes.

"Don't lie to me." He says.

"... He's my ex-husband" I sigh.

"And what is he doing here." He asks.

Why is this guy ALWAYS barging into my life like this, holy shit.

"That's none of your concern." I tell him. He's starting to piss me off.

He smirks.

The door opens

"Hey, Lani. I was wondering if..." jalen says but stops once he sees rio.

Oh my fuck. What am I supposed to say now. How in the world will I explain this.

"Does anybody knock?!" I ask.

"Who is he?" Jalen ask, fully coming into the room.

"A guy." I tell him as I sigh.

All this is so exhausting.

"A guy?" He says.

"Is that a problem?" Rio asks jalen in a aggressive tone as he starts walking closer to him.

"Just shut up! Oh my god." I say while they both look at me.

"I just want to head to bed, please." I tell them.

"We can talk about this tomorrow." Jalen says as he looks at me and then keeps he gaze on Rio for awhile before leaving and walks into the guest room.

Rio just stares at me.

He comes closer. I could feel him breathing on me.

"You won't always get your way, but Imma let this one pass. I'll be back." He says as he raises an eyebrow.

Then he's gone.

——————-
🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼
I might ask questions after every chapter. Just to get to know you guys. 👀

Q: what's your sign?

A: Guess mine...

Im a Pisces ♓️

I'm sorry I haven't uploaded. I haven't really had any ideas for this story. I don't even know if I should continue it. If you guys have any ideas for what I should do, dm me and if I like your idea for the book I'll use it and credit you. ❤️ also stay safe. COVID still going on, don't forget to social distance and wear masks.