tres

Right after the gang leader left my home I grabbed my phone and called my mom to tell her that Nia should stay there for the rest of the week. I was about to call Beth and ask her where the fuck she was.
"Hello-" she spoke but I cut her off
"Where the hell are you guys?!" I asked.
"We are in Canada picking something up" she sounds a little shaky.
"Who are you with?" I asked.
"Annie and ruby." She answers.
"So you guys are leaving?!" I ask her on what the gangbanger informed me about a while ago.
"What are you talking about?" She asks.
"Don't pretend, I know" I respond.
"I am so confused, but I have to go! Talk to you when we are back." she says
I hang up the phone and throw it on my couch.
I'm so tired of their bullshit.
-
I walk to my bedroom and open my laptop, I search up flight tickets. I buy them. I need to get away for all this. His bullshit, my friends bullshit. I decide to go to Florida with my daughter because I have old friends and some family down there and I needed to leave as soon as possible. I bought the tickets for next month, hopefully that gangbanger comes to my house before then so I could give him the money I owe him.
-
-
It's been a couple days now, well almost a week and the day of the flight couldn't come any slower. It's taking forever. I just had woken up because nia was hungry. I made us pancakes and eggs with bacon. We had just finished eating and Nia is asking me these weird questions like, "Would you rather get stung by 100 bees or get chased by a bear?" She asks.
"Well does the bear end up catching up to me?" I ask as I wash the dishes. She was currently sitting behind me at the island.
"No, the bear does not catch up." She says.
"Well I rather get chased by a bear." I say as I finish up washing the last plate.
"Yea, me too."
I turn my head to the right and make sure that my ears weren't playing tricks with me. Nope. He was actually there.
He walks over to us.
"Nia, go to your room." I said while I dry my hands and still looking at him.
"Why mommy?" She says as she was drinking her apple juice.
"Nia, I am not going to tell you again!" I say and she followed my directions. Once she had left us all alone, he sat down.
He looked at me for the longest time till I said something.
"Hold on," I said as I walked to my room and grabbed the bag that had
the money that I owed him, not Beth's, not Annie's, not Ruby's, just what I owed him.
I walk back into the kitchen and I see him sitting there, playing with his rings.
"Here." I say slamming it on the kitchen island in front of him. He looks me straight in the eyes and opens the bag, he counts.
"You're short" he says.
"No I'm not." I replied.
"Yea, you are." he said as he stood up.
I didn't move.
"Where's the rest of it?" He asks.
"Why don't you ask the other girls, I'm paying back what I owe!" I say back.
"Where did you get the money?" He asks
I looked at him, standing right in front of me.
"You said you didn't care, remember?" I tell him.
"Yea I do, but I also remember saying to get me ALL my money back, remember?" He says.
"So tell me." He continues.
"I got it from a friend." I said I look him straight in the eyes.
"You know, I could use your help" He says while tilting his head and put his thumb and pointer finger on his chin, like he was thinking.
"Well I don't wanna help you" I tell him.
"You act like it's a choice." He tells me.
"We all have choices." I respond.
"Not this time." He says.
"Well I don't care, cuz I'm not going to help." I say.
He takes his golden/ black gun out and pushes it against my neck.
"Do it." I say, looking down.
He raises his eyebrows confused.
"Mommy?" Nia asks.
He looks at Nia and puts his gun away.
He starts walking towards her.
"Don't hurt her, please just don't touch her." I tell him.
He kneels down to her.
"What's your name?" He asks her.
"Don't answer that baby." I tell her.
"Nia." She tells him. I just stare at them. This bitch.
"That's a beautiful name, princess." He tells her.
Who would've known he could of actually had a sweet side right after he tried to fucking kill me!
"Thank you!" She tells him.
"How old are you?" He keeps asking her questions.
"I'm this old and my birthday is on Friday." she says as she holds up 6 fingers.
"Wow! Hey, what if I bring you a present on your birthday!" He asks her
"Yes yes yes please!" She starts jumping up and down.
"Well I promise you, I will come with your gift on Friday princess." he says as he starts getting up.
He writes something on a piece of paper and hands it to me.
"Text me."He whispers to me.
"Why?" I ask confused.
"For her gift." He tells me.

—————I haven't edited this chapter, so if there are any mistakes that's why

—————
I haven't edited this chapter, so if there are any mistakes that's why. ❤️