uno

It was a few days after Beth, ruby, Annie and I robbed the fine & frugal store. I can't believe we actually stole half a million dollars! That's crazy! I mean we all needed the money, beth needed it to save her family, Annie needed it for custody, ruby for her daughter, and I needed it for my daughter as well. Her father had left a couple years ago and I wasn't doing well mentally or financially. I didn't know what to do when he left so I agreed to steal the store with my girls. I mean he didn't even tell me he was leaving, he was gone so abruptly.
I've known the girls for a couple years now. I actually met Annie at the store when she worked there. We would always make small talk when I went to go buy something. One day she asked if I wanted to go out and hang. Of course I said yes, I didn't have much friends. I don't really like making new friends it's usually so awkward but it was pretty easy to talk to Annie. We started getting closer and she invited me over to her sister's house, Beth. We started hanging out right after.

Annie and I were at my house watching tv because we are lazy mf . We were in the middle of finishing an episode of bob's burgers when I get a call from Beth. I answer it wondering why she called.

"Hey girl! What's up?" I ask.
"You have to get over here now! Call Annie and tell her to come over as well." she says sounding rushed.
"Annie is with me-" I say right before I sit up and hear her hang up.
I stand up to start putting my shoes on.
"Who was that?" Annie wondered as she stuffed her face with some chips. "It was your sister, get your things!" I told her as she got up slowly, giving me a weird look. I waited. "Hurry up! Beth sounded like she was in trouble!" I informed her.
"Alright alright! I'm going." she says as she put her shoes on and grabbed her belongings and we stormed out.
I drove quickly to Beth's house and I didn't even knock. Annie and I stormed in and we immediately saw some guy pointing a gun at ruby and Beth.
Holy fuck. Today is the day we die.
Who the fuck is this man?
Did he break in?

"4 out 4, thank you for coming ladies. I was getting paranoid that you guys weren't coming." He said, you could tell he was being sarcastic.
I looked at Annie, she was already staring at me.
Before I could've said anything he pointed the gun at us and pointed to the seat Ruby and Beth were sitting at a bench.
"Sit down." He said as the gun was pointed at us. Annie and I slowly made our way to the chair.
He slowly walks over to the stove.
"Yo, this black splash is dope!" He said
"Hey, what's it made out of? Marble?" He finished his sentence.
I looked at Beth waiting for her to say something before she could, he kept on talking.
"You ever get any problems with staining back here?" He asked
I could tell he was trying to scare us.
"Like if you're cooking a big pot of spaghetti sauce or something like that?" He says.
"No I don't think so." Beth says
"No?" He reply's.

He looked at the stove for a minute before ruby speaks up.
"We didn't know you owned the store!" Ruby says
He chuckles.
My eyes widened. This guy, owns the store?
"I look like some grocery store manager to you?-" He says as he walks towards us.
"Or like rotary club or somethin?" He laughs and looks back at the guy who was with him.
"I didn't know we were at a comedy show." I spoke up.
He looks at me. Oh shit I'm dead. I'm dead, I'm dead. Why did I have to say that?!
"What did you say?" He asks
I ignore his question, cause I know he heard me.
"I mean you have us sitting here listening to you make jokes." I said
He walks even closer to me. Annie grabs onto Beth.
"You don't scare me." I lied. I knew he could tell too.
"Oh I don't?" He looks back for a split second and looks back at me
"No." I said immediately right after.
"Does this?" He points his gun at me.
"Don't you have manners or somethin? Have you heard that it's rude to talk back?" He says as he pushes his gun into my head.
I stayed quiet. I was shaking. This is how I usually am. I never mean to be rude but I am sometimes.
He waits for me to say something but he says something instead. He takes the gun off my head.
"Y'all better get me my money back, or some consequences bout' to come your way." He said before he disappeared out the door and left us all in shock.

———
Y'all I haven't edited this story so if there are some misspelled words then I'm sorry. ❤️