Veintidos

listen to this song while reading, if y'all can haha. I think it will go along with this chapter.
Song: She knows by J. Cole
—————————————

I'm back in Michigan. We lasted about 2 hours, plus the 3+ hour drive to the location. I look out at the sky. It's starting to get dark, so I decide to stop by McDonald's to get some food. I'm not in the mood to make or cook anything when I get home.

"Hey, baby. You hungry?" I ask Nia.
I look at her through the rear view mirror and see she's playing a game on the IPad that Rio gave her for her birthday.

"Yea." She replies while looking down at the device.

I could tell she was getting tired and she would probably start to fall asleep in about an hour.

I pull up to the drive thru and wait in line. There was about 5 cars in front of us but I didn't care, I was just hungry and I'm pretty sure Nia was too.

I can feel my stomach asking me to feed it.

I check the time. My phone lit up the car because of how dark it was outside. I'm guessing the lights from the McDonald's sign helped as well.

'7:12pm'

I pull up to the speaker.

"Hi, what can I get for you?" The lady asks from the other side of the speaker.

"Can I get a happy meal, 6 piece. With apple slices and ketchup." I tell her.

I already knew what Nia wanted. She always prefers chicken nuggets over burgers but whenever she wants something other than a happy meal, she'll always tell me.

"Will that be all?" The lady asks again.

"And can I also get a double cheeseburger with medium fries, that will be all." I tell her.

I mean I was pretty hungry.

"Alright, that will be $15.37. First window." She informs me.

I thank her and pull up to the window.

She repeats my order to make sure it's correct and I hand her my form of payment.

We get the food and I pull into the parking lot and throw away any trash I might have including the burner phone Rio gave me. I wouldn't want anyone to find that.

I get back in the car and give Nia her happy meal and let her eat and I pull my stuff out the bad to ease my hunger.

"Thank you mami." I hear Nia say.

"You're welcome, my love." I say as I take a bite.
————————
We finished eating and get back to the house as quick as possible.

I park the car in the driveway and take the keys out the ignition.

Rio better pick this car up, it ain't even mine.

I grab any trash from inside the car and get out of the car to throw it away in the trash can. I walk over to the back door but I quickly glance at the kitchen window and see the lights on inside.

I open the back door and unbuckle Nia's seatbelt and help her out the car. We walk to the front door and make sure I wasn't forgetting anything. I search for my keys and open the door. I drop my bag at the entrance and I tell Nia to prepare for bed. I see her walk up stairs.

I walk over to the kitchen.

"Jalen? What are you doing?" I ask him.

I couldn't see his face. He was leaning against the island counter, all I could see was the glass in his hand.

He reeks of alcohol. He turns to face me. His eyes were red. Looks like he was crying.

"Maybe it's time to put this down." I say as I go to grab the glass cup.

He aggressively pulls it away from me and doesn't say anything. He just looks at me with sad eyes.

"Jalen. Come on, put that shit down. I'm being serious!" I tell him, hoping he would listen but he doesn't. Instead he goes to grab more.

I walk up to him and try to take away the bottle from his hand but it's no use. He's way stronger than me. I look up at him.

"Jalen. What's wrong?" I ask him.

I've never seen him like this. Gosh, I'm not going to lie. It hurts.

"You and Nia don't even love me. You have another man. You won't even talk to me." He says.

"How did we get here? We were so good together. Our relationship was perfect. Fuck, kalani. I love you." He continues.

"Jalen. You left us. Who knows how things would've been if you never left. I'm not going to lie Jae, I don't know how I feel about you anymore." I confess.

He drops the glass cup on the floor and it shatters. He kneels down and hugs me at my waist. What is he doing?

"Fuck, kalani. I don't know what I did to deserve you!" He cries.

I tug him up but I can't. His grip is tight.

"Jalen, get up please. You look pathetic right now." I say.

I feel bad but I don't want Nia to see him like this. It's disappointing. I'm not talking about him crying, I'm talking about how he's literally on his knees, begging.

"No. Not until you take me back." He says. I hear him sob.

"Fine! Just get up." I tell him.

I don't really mean it. I just said I'd take him back because I wanted him to get up.

He looks up at me. He quickly gets up.

"Really?" He says.

I just smile.

"C'mon you should get to bed." I tell him.

"Okay. I love you Kalani." He looks down at me and kisses my cheek before walking to his room.

I clean up the glass before going to check on Nia. I see she had already fallen asleep so I turn the lights off and head off into my room.

I jump onto my bed. Fuck I'm exhausted.

I hear my phone go off and I quickly search for it.

Rio: Long day?

Ugh, fuck him. I ignore his text message and leave him on seen before turning my phone off and heading to sleep.

———————————-
Hello my loves!!!! 💗

One more chapter until this book ends :((
but I'm hoping there will be a sequel. Depending if you guys actually want one.

Don't forget to vote! ❤️❤️

Q: favorite season?

A: mine would be spring! :D