Veintitres

I felt the sun rays coming through the window and onto my face. I moved around my bed slightly, to get comfortable again. I pulled the covers over my face to cover the sun. I try to sleep once again.

Think! Think of something. Imagine your celebrity crush right now. Make a scenario in your head. I just wanted to go back to sleep. Ugh.

I imagined meeting kelly oubre jr. and wishing I was a NBA wife. I mean that's my crush, that man is fine as fuck. I slightly drift back into sleep.

I suddenly wake up hearing a noise. It wasn't loud, but enough for me to hear.

I think that was my sign to finally get out of bed.
I wish I had a couple more minutes to sleep. Whatever.

I get up and head to the bathroom. I look at my self in the mirror. Black loose shorts and an oversized T-shirt with an Aeropostale logo. I brush my teeth and do my business.

I walk out of the bathroom and out of my room. I head to Nia's room.

I open the door slightly waiting to see her in her bed sleeping but I don't see her. I look behind the door, maybe she was gonna scare me?

I head to the guest bathroom. Nope, no one inside.

"Jalen?" I said hoping he'd hear me.

I walk down the stairs and head to the kitchen.

I don't see him or Nia. Quiet. Nothing to listen to except the silence.

I head to Jalen's room. I knock.

"Jalen, Nia?" I say quietly.

"Yes?" I hear from the other side.

I open the door and walk in hoping to see Jalen and Nia together. But there's no Nia in sight.

I see Jalen standing in front of his dresser getting ready.

"Jalen, where's Nia?" I asked.

"Nia? I don't know, maybe in her bed?" He says as he chuckles.

I stood there. Where is Nia? I question myself.

"Nia?!" I say as I run down the stairs and searching the rest of the house.

I hear Jalen running behind me. Helping me look for her.  I could tell he heard the panic in my voice as soon as I said her name.

"Nia? Come out! This isn't funny." I say, hoping she was hiding.

"Nia, listen to mommy!" Jalen says.

Maybe Rio is with her?

I go to run to my room.

"Where are you going?" Jalen asks.

"Hold on." I say as I go to grab my phone.

I unlock my phone and look for his contact number.

Please pick up...

I pace around my room.

I hear him pick up.

"Miss me already?" He says with his raspy voice.

"Do you have Nia?" I ask ignoring his question.

"Nah, why would I?" He says with attitude.

I start tearing up. Fuck! How could I lose my daughter in my own house?! How?!

"I can't find her!" I say in a panic.

"I'll be there." I hear him shuffle around a bit before he hangs up the phone.

I run downstairs.

"Maybe she's with your mom?" Jalen says as I see him sit down.

I grab my phone once again and I call my mom.

"Hey, honey! I was actually just about to call you" She says.

A sigh of relief left my body. Maybe she does have Nia.

"Why?" I say calmly, I didn't want her to suspect anything. I just didn't want her to worry.

"I was going to tell you that I'm actually on my way out of town at the moment." She says.

Oh fuck. Panic starts to rise in me once again.

She wouldn't take Nia anywhere out of town without letting me know.

"Are you going with anyone?" I ask trying to figure out if she had Nia.

"Nope! Just your lonely old mom." She says.

I hear the door open. I look over hoping it would be who I'm looking for.

Nope.

"Look mom, I'll call you later. Ok, mom?" I say.

"Ok, bye sweetie." She says.

I hang the phone up in a rush.

"You found her?" Rio says as he walks into the kitchen.

"What is he doing here?" Jalen looks at me with a confused look.

"It doesn't matter." I brush his question off.

"It does tho-" he says.

"No! It does not jalen!" I say interrupting him before turning to Rio.

"No, we haven't found her!" I say as I start pacing around the house. Fuck where could she be?!

I don't know what to do.

"I'm calling the cops." I say as I take my phone out for the third time.

I feel my phone get yanked out of my hand and see it get thrown at the wall.

"No. We aren't doing that." Rio says.

"FUCK! What do you mean NO?! I have to find her Rio. Do you not understand?" I say as I start yelling.

"If you call the cops, they'll look into you. And then into me. And we'll go to prison." He says. I could tell he was mad too.

I look over at Jalen and see him giving me a weird look. I could tell he was confused. He doesn't know what I've done for this man.

"Well what the fuck am I supposed to do?!" I say as I feel a tear fall down my cheek.

"I don't know ma. We'll figure it out." He says as he holds my hand.

"Yea, we'll figure it out." Jalen says, sounding jealous. He comes over and pulls me into a hug.

I could feel more tears continuously falling down my cheek. I just hope Nia isn't hurt.

"Yo is this yours?" Rio asks standing at the dining table. I see him holding a note.

I take it from his hand.

"Hello, Kalani.
Sorry we took Nia :( Your man owed us.
Doesn't matter now though. Does it?                                  She's such a beautiful little angel. Isn't she? :)

                          -COBRA"

—————————————
Unedited.

THE SEQUEL IS OUT! 'Can't help it.'

Wow! THIS IS THE FINAL CHAPTER GUYS. I CANT BELIEVE IT !!!!