cuatro

———

I woke up and got ready because I had to drop Nia off at school and I needed to go to work for a couple hours. It was her birthday today, and I was making her favorite breakfast and and I set it up on the plate.
I opened her bedroom door to see her jumping on her bed, at 7:30?!
"It's my birthday, it's my birthday!" She said as she got off her bed and gave me a hug.
"It is." I say as I kneel down.
"Happy birthday sweetheart! let's get you dressed." I tell her. I put her favorite dress on and some shoes and I just did a ponytail for her hair.
"Are you hungry?" I ask her.
"Yessss" she says as she looks up at me.
"Come on, I made your favorite breakfast." I tell her.
She sits on the chair and eats the bacon and pancakes.
"Hey mommy?" She starts her sentence.
"Yes honey." I say as I put my dirty coffee mug in the sink.
"When is that guy going to bring me my present?" She asks.
"I dont know, maybe later." I tell her as she finishes her food.
"I'm done mommy." She says as I grab her plate to put it in the sink.
"Ok come on, let's get going." I say as I lock the front door and unlock the car doors. She sits in the back and puts her seatbelt on.
"Are you ready?" I ask and she responds with a "Mhmm."
I get into the driver seat and back out of the drive way when I see a black car blocking my entrance. How the fuck am I supposed to get out now?!
"Wait here nia, I'll be back." I tell her as I unbuckle my seatbelt and I get out of the car. I walk towards the vehicle and see them back up so they don't block my entrance anymore. I didn't have to tell them anything. I don't know why people love to block driveways. I start walking to my car when I hear a car door open and close.
"Ayo!" He spoke, and I know exactly who it was.
"What are you doing here?" I ask
"Well I gotta keep my promise." He tells me pointing to the child in my car. He starts walking towards it.
"You have to leave." I tell him.
"Nah, I'm good." He says as he nods his head and chuckles.
"I came to give nia her gift." He continues, and I realize that he remembered her name.
"I can give it to her. Give it to me." I tell him and put my hand out so he could hand it to me.
"Nah that's okay. I got it." He says walking towards the passenger seat. I get into the driver seat and start the car.
"Hi nia!" He says and repositions himself so he can look at nia.
"Hi!" She says. I start pulling out of my drive way and towards the direction of the school.
"Happy birthday princess!" He says as he hands her what I'm guessing is her present. I stop at a red light and I look at what he's handing her. He didn't even care to wrap the present.
"An iPad?!" I ask.
"Omg yayyyyyyy! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!" She says
"Nia, give it back to him." I tell her
"Oh come on!" He says.
"No, those are so expensive!" I tell him as I keep driving.
"It's okay, it's her birthday gift." He says as he smiles at me.
"No, why couldn't of you gotten something else?!" I ask
"Cuz you never texted me what she liked or wanted so I just got her what I thought a kid might want." He says giving a little attitude. I don't even look at him, I just keep my eyes on the road and pull up to the school. I look at all the cars in front of me that are in a line waiting for their kids to get out of their cars.
I put my car in park and start to get out of the car,
"I got it" He says as he gets out and open the back door of the car and unbuckles her seatbelt and helps her out of the car.
"Don't forget your backpack." He says as he gives it to her.
"Thank you!" She says with a big smile on her face.
"Hey, you should probably leave the iPad with your mom so nobody takes it!" He tells her
"Okay." She says looking kinda sad.
"Bye mom." she says before she walks into the school building.
"Bye, I love you." I scream to her.
He gets back in the car and I start driving towards my house.
It was silent for at least 30 seconds before he speaks up.
"You don't gotta be uptight. Let her have what she wants." He says.
"I don't want to spoil her. If I do she's going to become a brat and I don't want that." I say.
"Well with you acting like that she is..." he says.
I stay quiet.
"Get out of the car." I say
"You going make me walk all the way back to your house? I don't think so." He says laughing.
"Well I have to go to work and it's right around the corner so if-" I say before he cuts me off.
"You're going to work in that?" He says
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"In what you're wearing? Where do you work?" He asks
"I'm a personal shopper." I tell him
"And what is that?" He asks
"And why are you so nosy?" I ask
"I just wanna know." He responds
"Well I'll tell you if you get out of the car." I tell him.
"How is that going to work?" He asks, looking at me.
"You'll find out." I say.
"Okay." He says and nods his head before getting out of the car.
I drive off and leave him there. Bitch, you thought. Who the fuck is he being so nosy.

———
Sorry if there are any mistakes, it's 12 and I gotta go to school today soooooo