Veinte

I unlock the front door. I need a nap. I take my shoes off and close the front door. I throw the keys on the island and head upstairs.

"Where were you?" I hear Jalen ask.

"Look Jalen, I'm really tired please just let me go sleep." I tell him as I continue to my room.

"You can't just leave Nia." He says.

"Calm down J. Yea but at least I came back." I tell him, referring to him.

"So did I!" He says.

"After what? 7 years? Jalen just shut the fuck up." I tell him and go up to my room and I lock the door.

How the fuck is he going to get mad at me for leaving Nia for not even a day, but he leaves for years.

I changed my jeans into some sweatpants and hop into bed and close my eyes.

———
I woke up a few hours later, I check my phone to see it was 4 and I see Rio texted me.
—————

Rio: I'm picking you up at 7. Be ready. Bring Nia.

—————

I sighed and picked out some leggings and a random tee to wear I brushed my teeth before I changed and I woke Nia up and changed her into her clothes. I looked for Nia and I's passports. I filled a backpack with a few other items we might need and we waited for Rio.

Nia kept asking why we were waking up so early.

"Mom where are we going?" She asks once again.

"On a road trip. You like road trips, don't you?" I ask her as I hand her some eggs.

She nods.

I hear my phone go off and I see that he texted me saying he was here.

"Come on Nia, let's go baby." I tell her as I grab my necessities and keys and walk towards a dark blue suv he was in.

I open the back door and I help her up and put her seatbelt on. I go to sit with her in the back.

"Sit up here." He says.

I look at him.

I close the backseat door and go to the passengers seat.

We drive silently until we arrive to a building.

"Come here." He says from the drivers seat.

Does he want me to drive?

I get out like he told me and I go open the drivers door.

He gets out and let's me sit in the drivers seat. He closes the door and leans on it.

"Ok imma send you the address on this burner phone." He says as he hands me one.

"You're gonna go to the address I send you and you'll drop the car off at that location." He tells me.

"You're not coming with us?" I ask.

He chuckles.

"No." He replies.

"And am I supposed to Uber back or what?" I ask.

"They'll give you a car." He informs me and pats the car, letting me know that I should get going.

He stands on the right side of the car waiting for me to leave.

I don't know what the fuck I'm smuggling to Canada but let's hope they don't stop me.

I drive in the direction my gps sends me in and turn the radio on. I need something to take my mind off this.

God I'm gonna throw up. I hate this feeling.

I sing along with the song to distract me.

I grab my water bottle to take a sip of the water. I look back at Nia. She's asleep, good.

"In 10 Minutes you will arrive to your destination." I hear the gps says.

I pull over and throw away any trash in a near by garbage can. Before I continue driving I take out me and nia's passport and anything else we might need.

I close the car door and take a look at my phone.

9 missed calls from Jalen
Jalen: Where the fuck are you?
Jalen: answer me!
Jalen: text me or something please!!!!!!
Jalen: I'm gonna call the cops!
Jalen: ANSWER me KALANI!!!

Fuck me. If he actually calls the police I swear to god.

I send him a quick text back so things wouldn't escalate.

Nia and I are fine. We'll be back in a few hours. I promise, don't freak out for fucks sake. K bye.

Read

At least he saw it. I start driving and wait in line.

I see a bunch of sniffer dogs. Fuck. Hopefully it's not drugs. I see the dogs start barking at a car 2 cars In front of me.

Before I know it I'm up next.

——————————-
Unedited

Next chapter will be up soon. Tryna post more <3