Chapter 10

By the time the ambulance arrived, Harry hadn’t stopped bleeding and Louis was scared. His mum was a nurse, so he knew just a little bit about first aid. Hence, the reason why he had his sweater pressed against the gash on his head, knowing he had to try and stop the bleeding. 

Louis was still crying, scared at the moment. Liam was obviously very muscular and he definitely proved his strength in the previous sequences. “H-Harry, please..” He hiccuped, looking down at him, running his thumb across his cheek, tears streaming down his face. 

Harry was still unresponsive, his breathing labor. While Liam was beginning to panic. If something happened to Harry, he could get in some trouble. But it was self defense, wasn’t it? Yeah. That’s what he would tell the police. Harry already had a record. The police would definitely believe Liam over Harry any day.

“What happened sir?” The paramedics asked as they rushed over to Louis and Harry, crouching down in front of them, tending to Harry. Louis sniffled as he looked up to Liam, swallowing down the lump in his throat. Should he rat Liam out? Liam did do it after all…

“He was attacking me and I pushed him away in self defense.” Liam said quickly, stuffing his hands in his pockets. “I pushed him away and he hit his head.” Louis looked up at Liam with wide eyes, unable to fully process what he was doing entirely. 

The paramedic nodded and hoisted Harry up onto the stretcher, getting an IV started in him. “We’ll get the police down here, but we really need to get him to the hospital.” Louis wiped at his eyes hastily as he glared at Liam, following behind the stretcher.

“Louis! Wait!” Liam called out, jogging over to him, grabbing his hand. “You know I have to do that. It’s the only right thing to do for the baby..” Louis’ jaw clenched and he couldn’t prevent what he did next. He smacked Liam across the face harshly. 

“This is mine and Harry’s baby, not mine and yours. Get that through your head.” Louis said sternly before he turned around, climbing into the ambulance, grabbing Harry’s hand as they sped of towards the hospital. 

Liam stood there with his mouth agape, his cheek stinging from the slap, hearing the sirens coming his way. Well, shit. 

~~~

Gemma got to the hospital as fast as she could when she got the call from a hysterical Louis. Louis was alone in the waiting room and he didn’t wanna be. But he didn’t want to be around Liam whatsoever. Niall was on his way, but of course he lived about 30 minutes away. 

“Louis?” Gemma called out, rushing over to the pregnant boy, frowning as she hugged him tightly. “Hey, what’s wrong?” She whispered, only knowing that Harry was hurt. 

Louis sniffled as he clung to her tightly, closing his eyes momentarily. “Th-Things happened last night a-and someone c-confronted him on it a-and now he’s hurt a-and I don’t know if h-he’ll be okay..” He whispered, looking up at her truly in fear. 

Just as Gemma was starting to process all the information, the doctor came over to them. “Here for Styles, right?”