Chapter 40

After what felt like months and months, it was finally done. All the planning and the prepping. It was all working up to this surgery. The surgery that will change his life. 

"We've done well." The doctor stated as he walked over to the bed, reaching down to readjust the bandage covering his face.

"And you're sure no one will be able to recognize him?" She asked worriedly as she walked over to the other side of the bed.

Julia had been by his side throughout everything. Ever since the plane crashed and she found him near death by the water. She took him in and nursed him back to health essentially. When he explained his situation to her, she felt nothing but pure sympathy for the lad. He just wanted to get home to his family and she would do everything she could to get him back. 

The doctor shook his head with a smile. "He probably won't even be able to recognize himself." He said softly, taking a breath as he looked over at her. "Are you ready for the unveiling?" He asked, grabbing the scissors.

Julia nodded eagerly, reaching down for his hand. "This is all he's asked for. Ever since I found him. Well he talks about his little boy too. Wants to get back in his life." She said softly, her eyes wide as the doctor carefully began to take the bandages away.

"Sir, you're going to be sore. Don't try and talk." He informed as his face was revealed for the first time.

Julia gasped loudly, looking down at him. "Oh my." She whispered, pulling her hand away from his. She was stunned. The man in front of her was no longer the man she knew. He was new and could finally start over. Have the life he deserved. 

The man groaned slightly, holding a hand up to point to the mirror. He wanted to see himself for the first time in what felt like ever. He had waited months for this and now that the moment was finally here, it was great. He could finally get home and take care of his family.

The doctor smiled as he held the mirror in front of him so he could see himself. "Welcome." He whispered. This was by far the best surgery he's ever done. The man was completely unrecognizable from his previous appearance which was the goal.

The man looked at himself in the mirror, inhaling sharply. He couldn't even recognize himself. Except for the familiar birthmark on his neck. 

But that was something that could easily be hidden with some makeup. This was the easy part.

Going back to his love and his little boy was going to be the hard part. He missed Greyson more than anything in the world. 

He would have to go back under a new name, new personality, new everything. But it would be entirely worth it once he could hold Louis and Greyson in his arms again.