Chapter 6

Good things just don’t happen to people like Harry do they? People who don’t deserve good things. Don’t deserve shit. Miracles though, are a different story. Miracles happen to any and everyone on a daily basis. That’s what Harry would call this. Definitely. A miracle. 

Louis was moving into his house, to live with him so they could raise their son and not Liam’s. It made Harry so happy, he just felt like screaming it out to the world. But of course, Harry would screw it up, no doubt. Like always. Even when he was younger, Harry believed he was cursed. He couldn’t even keep a goldfish for more than a week so how the hell was he supposed to be a good father? 

Harry was snapped out of his thoughts by Louis who was putting the clothes back into their drawers, cooing softly over nearly every piece. Harry couldn’t help but smile because he was just the same way. They were just so tiny and it was just astounding to think that in 4 months, they will have a little body to wear the little clothes. 

“Harry, you really didn’t have to do all this. I’m sure it must have caught a fortune.” Louis said softly as he turned around to face Harry, a gentle smile on his face. He was extremely grateful for all this because he knew he would have never been able to get it all on his own.

Harry shook his head as he glanced back at Louis, pursing his lips together. “Well, he’s gonna need clothes, diapers, and bottles, yeah? I mean, we can still go get some things if I forgot something.”

Louis laughed as he leaned against the wall, shaking his head. “I think we are pretty good for the first few months.” He hummed, rubbing over his stomach as he felt their son kick at his side. “Besides, I think he’s pretty happy with how things are.”

Harry raised an eyebrow as he walked over to him, cautiously placing a hand over his stomach, grinning softly when he felt a flutter underneath his hand. 

“Can I like….Can I kiss your tummy?” Harry asked warily, not wanting to make Louis feel uncomfortable.

Louis smiled softly and nodded as he removed his hand, carefully pulling his shirt up over his stomach. “Of course. He is your son, y’know?”

Harry smiled at his words, dropping to his knees as he splayed his hands over his swollen stomach. “Hi there. It’s…daddy #2?” He murmured, glancing up at Louis confusedly. 

Louis bit his lip to prevent the large smile from growing on his face. “You can be daddy and I can be papa?” He suggested, reaching down and pushing his hair off his forehead.

Harry smiled and nodded as he leaned down, pressing a soft skin above his belly button. “Hi there squirt. It’s daddy here. And I can’t wait to meet you. I’m sure you’ll be beautiful, I mean. Have you seen your..papa?” Harry whispered, rubbing his nose against his stomach lovingly.

Louis blushed bright pink as he listened to Harry, leaning against the wall. Harry was always a charmer. Or maybe he was just a guy that complimented people a lot. Either way, Louis won’t be complaining any time soon. Harry never really will change and maybe. Just maybe Louis is alright with that. “Oh shush, will you?”

Harry smiled as he stood up, taking his hands off his stomach, leaning over and kissing his forehead gently. 

“I’m just being honest is all.” Harry whispered, pulling back slightly with a soft smile on his face. “Do you need anything? Need to sit down? Hungry? Back or foot massage?” He rambled off, looking down at him seriously.